Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: no live tv menu option
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the mythtv backend running on a headless server. I configured it by running mythtv-setup as a remote x application and I was able to get it configured. I can connect to it and it works from a mythtv frontend on my Linux laptop.

When I configure Kodi with the Mythtv PVR addon version 1.11.3, I can see through System Info --> PVR service that it's connected, but "live tv" never appears in the menu. I disabled ipv6 on the server so I'm not getting any errors in the logs on the backend. I tried installing Kodi on my laptop. It has Mythtv pvr addon version 1.11.2 and it also never displays the "live tv" menu. In both cases I have it enabled in the main config.

Why won't the live tv menu appear? Is there a way to force it?
I figured it out. There were some strange characters in the Channel names. I deleted them and it started working.
Does anybody know which characters are allowed or disallowed - or if there is a way to trace it?
I have the same symptom but I don't know if it is caused by channel names - and i hope I don't have to randomly rename channels to find out if tht is the case:-)
Have there been any updates on this? I am having the same problem. I have tried with 2 different backends and 3 different Kodi Installs. The backend works great, I just cant get the live tv menu to show up. I used to have it working fine with ServerWMC but didn't want something as heavy as WMC running.
Do you have "strange characters in the Channel names"? If not, it is a different problem.
Turns out that was the issue. I thought I had removed those stations already but i went back and checked last night and sure enough, they were there. The "Strange Characters" were just blank spaces on the backend. The only way to see them was in the web interface.

This seems to be the solution.
Thanks!