Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Videos stuttering and not synced with audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1. Version of Kodi - XBMC 13.1 Git:20140604-84725b0
2. Windows Version - Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit
3. CPU/Architecture - AMD e-350 dual core processor
4. RAM amount - 4 GB
I'm using the onboard HDMI with a Logitech Bluetooth adapter to send the audio to my receiver.

Details about the problem - I have a WHS 2011 machine that has all of my media on it. When playing any video in XBMC it will stutter and the audio doesnt match up with the video. It seems like it plays for 2 seconds and then skips a half second, plays for 2 seconds and then skips a half second, etc. It's almost like the video is playing at 90% of the original playback speed.

I'm able to navigate directly to the same video file and play it in VLC without any issues.

Here's the link to my Debug Log - http://xbmclogs.com/p98x2zc1d

Here's the info, uploaded to pastebin, about a media file that I'm having problems with - http://pastebin.com/QFepMiAf
I'm having these stuttering issues with all files, but this is one of the recent files that had the issue.

Thanks in advance for any info / suggestions with this.
First off, I see some dubious plugins?

Try setting render method to software and see if you fair any better.
Your specs should be more than capable of handling the media file from info provided.
Yea, I went thru and was trying to find plugins that would stream live TV thru XBMC / Kodi. But these playback issues were happening before those plugins were added.

I was able to log in and remotely change the render method here from work. I'll test the playback this evening and will let you know if that made a difference.
So after getting home here and testing the movie again ... the video plays without any issues. I skipped ahead multiple times and each time it started playing from that spot without any issues.

But, there is no audio now??
First check volume is up by pressing + key to increase vol
Possibly change audio settings to direct sound.
I checked the volume with the + key and it's up all the way.

The audio output is currently set to "direct sound: spdif". There are a handful of different choices under direct sound. There's Direct Sound:headphones (Bluetooth device), Direct SoundBig Grinefault, there's another Direct Sound: Headphones (2-high definition device) and Direct Sound HDMI.

I changed it to Direct Sound:headphones (Bluetooth device), and there is now audio and the video doesn't seem to stutter. I'll have to look at a bit more this evening after work when I have some time to check out a handful of different movies, TV shows, etc.
(2015-03-03, 13:57)dar124 Wrote: [ -> ]"direct sound: spdif".

Seems to be the culprit as your using a Logitech BT receiver as opposed to the spdif that was set.

It's sometimes a matter of the order in which the devices are powered on, if the audio device is unavailable at the time KODI is used then it may default to another option.

Best bet is to have all the hardware on and KODI launched last so the setting remains untouched.
Happy to hear so far you have sound/picture working
Hey, every time that i start P2P-streams the channel stops in all of a sudden and returns back to the guide menu. Any help ??
@ "shaun1495" which addon? but before you do please refer forum rules sticky

*******************************************************************************************
I just realized your spamming other threads, with non-related issues, if you have a different issue better to start your own thread instead of hijacking the OP

refer thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=220068
(2015-03-03, 16:28)k4sh1n Wrote: [ -> ]It's sometimes a matter of the order in which the devices are powered on, if the audio device is unavailable at the time KODI is used then it may default to another option.

Best bet is to have all the hardware on and KODI launched last so the setting remains untouched.

Yea, when I'm done using my HTPC I usually leave KODI running, but disable the BT adapter. Then when I switch back to use the HTPC in a day or so I'll update the library and turn on the BT again. So I could see how the audio settings would change from BT audio if the BT is turned off. If this is a "fix" for the video / sound issues then I'll probably shut KODI down along with the BT adapter each time I'm done. And the next time I go to use the HTPC I'll enable the BT adapter and then launch KODI.

It's been a busy couple of days here, so I havent been able to check out any other videos.

I'll try over the next couple of days and will post back when I do.
So I finally got some time this weekend to sit down and watch some of my media.

The issue with the audio not syncing with the video seems to be resolved, but the video still stutters. It might be a bit better, but it's still noticeable. I can open the video file directly with VLC player and there are no issues with playback.
When you play video content press M and post screenshot of your settings.

Also really handy thread here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=146911

Give it a go and see if this fixes your video problem
Ok, took me a few days to get back here. Here's a screen shot of pressing M when a movie is playing. Not sure if this is the info that you wanted??

I also noticed that when clicking on "Movies" from the XBMC/Kodi home screen there isnt anything listed. Screen shot is below.

But if I go to "Videos, Files, Movies", I get a list of all of my movies. I never remember only being able to access my movies like this?? I was always able to get to the movies by clicking on Movies. It would then list all of the info about the movie, a summary, the year, length, rating, etc. Not sure when this changed??

You need to go to the actual buttons on the bottom right for settings and enter the menu, a list of other options should pop up.

The screenshot on pics 2 and 3 seem to be from file mode, check your sources that content for the path is set as Movies and update library/video DB.
Ok, here's a screen shot from the settings page.

And I was able to set the content as "Movies" & "TV Shows" for the appropriate folders. Not sure how those got cleared out. But the "Movies" & "TV" tabs seem to be back to normal now.
Pages: 1 2