Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movie shows & plays only on recently added screen of homepage, but nowhere else
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. Version of Kodi: Kodi 14.2- Beta1 Git 20150217-2259d0b (Compiled: Feb 17 2015) (the problem was in my last build Kodi 14.0 so I upgraded to 14.2 and still have the same problems)
2. Windows Version: Win 7 64bit SP1 (kernel: Windows NT 6.1)
3. CPU/Architecture: AMD A10-6700 APU 64 bit
4. RAM amount: 3269mb
5. Detailed Instructions to reproduce the Problem: Some movies (The boxtrolls (2014) and Penguins of Madagascar (2014) will be the examples for this situation) are added with the rest of my movie files, KODI performs “Update Library.” The only place I can find the movie is on the home screen (Confluence) when I hover my mouse over Movies and Kodi displays the “Recently added movies” on top. (see attached screenshot) This is the only place I can see the movie poster for The Boxtrolls (2014) or Penguins of Madagascar (2014). I can click them and they play just fine. When I navigate to Videos, then files, then movies, I get a list of all my movies, but boxtrolls or penguin moves do not show up in the list. I can search for the two movies examples and they will display, but when I click on them to play it won’t play them. (see screen shot of searches) I have also tried to view them via Video, then files, then Recently added movies, and this list will show my other newly added movies but not these two examples. (see last screenshot) The scrapper is gather its data for the movies since I can see the movie posters, but once I add new movies and these are no longer appearing on the top of movies-Recently added movies, I cannot access them again in KODI.
I ran a debug and there are numerous log entries for either boxtrolls or penguins, but I do not understand the problem as to why it is not showing up.
However, if I reboot the computer and startup KODI again, and do not try to play the two movie examples, they will not show up on the debug report.
I have also tried right clicking on movies and “remove source” and then re-adding the source to force it to update the whole movie library. I also tried using Universal movie scrapper (IMDB) instead of the default movie database. That did not solve anything so I went back to the default “the movie database.”
I also tried renaming The Boxtrolls to The Boxtroll (Plural to singular) and the scrapper still picked it up and corrected its name and added the correct movie poster, but unfortunately it was doing same thing as far as only displaying it in the homepage of recently added.

6. Details of all devices relevant to the problem: KODI Skin is Confluence. HTPC accesses the movies via a 4TB USB 3.0 external Seagate hard drive. There is a 2nd 4TB USB 3.0 external Seagate hard drive for TV shows.
7. FULL Debug Log (see Section 3 below.) Your debug kodi.log: http://xbmclogs.com/p9d2hyg0q
Check Under B for Boxtrolls, since it appears that sorting ignores the word "The"
Just taking a guess here, but what is the date modified/creation date from Windows Explorer say the date is?
isamu.dragon: Yes i have searched under the "B" section as well as the "T" section for the. The problem is I can search for it, but it doesn't take me to the file after i click it like it does on normal "working" movies.

helta: The boxtrolls information is:
Created: Thursday, February 26, 2015 10:00:39PM
Modified: Thursday, February 26, 2015 10:30:21PM
Accessed: Thursday, February 26, 2015 10:00:39PM
size 752MB .mp4
ok before we get you to post a debug log, physically move your 2 problem videos out of the folder source. from within kodi, run a clean library. move the videos back to the source. enable debug logging, and then update library.
I did as you said, i removed the 2 problem video (boxtrolls and penguins) off the external hard drive to my solid state drive, then in KODI I removed the movie source, then added the movie folder back in KODI and ran a clean library update, then moved the 2 problem movies back into the movie folder, enabled debug log and then did update library

here are the results: http://xbmclogs.com/psbe9utwt

While i was running the update with the problem movies in there, i noticed in the top of the screen it hesitated on the 2 problem movies, then moved on. Now everything is like it has been before, i can only see and play the movies from the recently added movies, but I can not find it under a search or viewing all my movie files.
I'm not a programmer by any means, but this is what I understand from the Debug file I posted

Looking at the debug file, it is showing that is has found the movies did not have NFO information:
DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for 'G:\Movies\Penguins of Madagascar (2014).mp4'
Then it says it searched themoviedb.org for the info:
DEBUG: ADDON::CScraper::FindMovie: Searching for 'Penguins of Madagascar' using The Movie Database scraper (path: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\metadata.themoviedb.org', content: 'movies', version: '3.7.11')
Then it shows the website link and some kind of CHARSET that it gets the info from:
DEBUG: scraper: CreateSearchUrl returned <url>http://api.tmdb.org/3/search/movie?api_key=57983e31fb435df4df77afb854740ea9&amp;query=Penguins%20of%20Madagascar&amp;year=2014&amp;language=en</url>
17:17:06 T:6212 DEBUG: CurlFile::Open(0A57CAD8) http://api.tmdb.org/3/search/movie?api_k...anguage=en
17:17:06 T:6212 DEBUG: CScraperUrl::Get: Using "UTF-8" charset for "http://api.tmdb.org/3/search/movie?api_key=57983e31fb435df4df77afb854740ea9&query=Penguins%20of%20Madagascar&year=2014&language=en"
Then it provides the scraper info with a brief description of the movie.
Then it seems to get details of the movie like rating/genre and what not
Then some kind of title:
DEBUG: scraper: ParseTMDBTitle returned <details><title>Penguins of Madagascar</title></details>
And lastly it seems to be adding the movie to the database:
DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Adding new item to movies:G:\Movies\Penguins of Madagascar (2014).mp4
17:17:07 T:6212 DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetMovieId (G:\Movies\Penguins of Madagascar (2014).mp4), query = select idMovie from movie where idFile=6678

And the boxtrolls movie seems to do the exact same thing. I'm wondering if the database is not correctly adding them to whatever hidden excel spreadsheet that it stores its movie information to?
I just browsed this forum: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread
I then followed these steps:
Have you tried cleaning your database and then scanning again?
Settings> Videos> Library> Clean Library

After i followed the above steps my missing movies (boxtrolls, and penguis and many others) are now showing up in all locations as they should. I have ran a few updates after cleaning and they continue to show up in the correct locations like they should.

Previously I thought that "cleaning your library" as Helta told me to do was done by removing your movie source and deleting your old library and then re-adding the source and re scanning your whole library.

KODI defines "Clean library" as: This function will perform a number of 'cleanup' tasks on your video database and can be run if you have moved, deleted or renamed files.
Removes any videos with invalid paths and all information tied to these files.
Removes all removable media (example: DVD) without checking for existence + all information tied to these files.

All I can think of is the database was holding on to some existing path, but not updating it. I thought it would have fixed the problem when I renamed The Boxtrolls to the singular (without the s) and it would have built a new entry in the database. Also I thought by removing the whole video source and updating the library would have overwritten that database.

Anyways I'm happy that this fixed my problem. Hopefully it helps someone else.
Thank you for your help.