Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: intermittent problem with image being too large for my screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I have searched information regarding screen calibration etc, however my issue is different from other problems that I've found:

maybe every 4th or 5th time I start my PC and run Kodi (Helix 14.1) the home screen is way to big for my tv screen. It's zoomed in so far much that I can't even see the settings option. This happened with older versions of XBMC as well. I have to reboot my pc and then it is fine again.

I am running Windows 8.1 with a Radeon 7800 graphics card with up to date drivers. I am connected to a Samsung HD TV via HDMI

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Just to rule out one source of issues: you do start the TV first and then the pc?
Yes, the TV is usually on before I ire up the PC, but not always the case... I'll pay attention to that. When I reboot it the TV is already on, but maybe sometimes when I turn on the PC and then the TV in that order I am getting the issue. I'll keep an eye on that and report back.

Thanks.
I see the same issue, running the 14.2 beta.

This was not apparent on 14.0...
That seems to be the problem. Thanks for the reply. It makes sense, but it would have taken me a while to put that together.