Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Secondary profile not using key mappings created with AdvancedMCERemoteMapper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just used AdvancedMCERemoteMapper.exe to set up the key mappings the way I want and updated them in the registry. The way I understand this software to work is that because it updates the registry directly, there are no keyboard.xml files that get generated. That's all well and good, except my secondary Kodi profile for my daughter is not inheriting the new mappings so I don't know what to do to force it.

For example '\' is not dropping me down to Windowed mode once I enter her profile. '\' works on both the profile selection page, as well as the default profile.

Any ideas?
(2015-03-03, 19:29)the block Wrote: [ -> ]I just used AdvancedMCERemoteMapper.exe to set up the key mappings the way I want and updated them in the registry. The way I understand this software to work is that because it updates the registry directly, there are no keyboard.xml files that get generated. That's all well and good, except my secondary Kodi profile for my daughter is not inheriting the new mappings so I don't know what to do to force it.

For example '\' is not dropping me down to Windowed mode once I enter her profile. '\' works on both the profile selection page, as well as the default profile.

Any ideas?

That's ugly. If the remote mapper can reset the registry, you should do it the correct way for all profiles by using ShowKey and creating a keyboard.xml.

ShowKey will tell you want each button does. You need to take this information and put it into a keyboard.xml like below:

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<g mod="ctrl">Info</g>
</keyboard>
</global>
<FullScreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<g mod="ctrl">OSD</g>
</keyboard>
</FullScreenVideo>
</keymap>

Place this file in keymaps in the Userdata folder and you are good to go.

Further information about creating a keyboard.xml can be found here: http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_keyboard.xml.