Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: kodibuntu problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just installed Kodibuntu onto an old laptop. to use solely for running kodi. The install worked perfectly.
I have plugged it into my tv via the D connector on the back of the laptop and an audio cable.
The problem is the picture boots up in full screen on the TV then when Kodi starts it shrinks to 1/4 sized screen
I have been trying to get to the ubuntu operating system on the laptop but cannot find a way to it from Kodi.
I have pressed CTRL/ALT/F6 which takes me to a login screen that does not accept any inputs.
Does any one have any idea how to resolve this problem please.
Quote:I have been trying to get to the ubuntu operating system on the laptop but cannot find a way to it from Kodi.

You can access the desktop environment if you choose "exit" in kodi shutdown menu (presuming you use skin confluence). If you have exited kodi, you will see another login screen. At the top right of your monitor screen is a wrenched Icon. Click on it and choose the Lubuntu session. After you have chosen it, you enter the username and the password you gave at installation of Kodibuntu. Then you will be logged in into a normal desktop environment and can do some settings.
If you have done all your settings, log out from the Lubuntu session, click on the icon at top right again and choose the Kodi session and enter username and password again. Then you will be logged in into Kodi again. You have to do this, because Kodibuntu always remember the last session, which you have been logged in and will boot always to this session again. So if you want to boot into Kodi directly you have to start the Kodi session before.

For your screen size problem....did you set your kodi settings to "fullscreen"? This can be done in Kodi system settings. Be aware you set your settings level to "expert" and then look at system settings, system, video

Greetings