Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Remote Help (Program buttons) - SOLVED
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I am looking for a bit of guidance, I am running the latest version of kodi on my RP and I have a Samsung Smart TV with Anynet+ (CEC) so my TV remote just works automatically with the Pi which is awesome, however there a couple of things I'd like to tweak and can't for the life of me figure it out.

First of all a lot of the instructions to do it manually state that the keyboard.xml file will need editing to assign the relevant codes etc, well I don't have a keyboard.xml file for startersHuh

I installed the official key mapping addon and assigned the keys I wanted and it generated an xml file called gen.xml which is located here:

\\RASPBMC\pi\.kodi\userdata\keymaps

It said it had saved the changes and sure enough if I re-open the addon they are still there.

The XML file looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<keymap>

-<global>

-<keyboard>

<key id="254">skipnext</key>

<key id="251">skipprevious</key>

<key id="206">runaddon(plugin.audio.musicbox)</key>

</keyboard>

</global>

</keymap>

So it all looks good, but the remote buttons do not do anything or just retain their original functionality even after a reboot... Any suggestions on this?

Thanks
Sometimes not all of the TV remote's buttons are exposed to other devices over CEC. If the keymap add-on didn't see or change the behavior then that is likely the case.
Thanks for the reply I considered that too and I'm sure you're right for some of the remote buttons however if I press the blue button on my remote for example it opens pictures so surely I should be able to change that to open music? All the buttons I am wanting to change already have some functionality that is not desired?
Ha!!

You're not going to believe this but I just fixed it and the solution was fairly obvious I guess....I should have tried it sooner.

There is obviously a glitch with the keymap addon it generates "gen.xml" which kodi ignores as it has no meaning. I renamed it "keyboard.xml" and now ALL my changes work! Fantastic!

Hopefully this will help someone else who has the same bizarre behaviour from the addon