Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaPortal PVR bug?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hope this is the right place to post this...

I have an HTPC setup with Kodi 14.1, MediaPortal Server (on same machine) using TBS quad tuner DVB-S2, MediaPortal PVR. I also have a Rasberry Pi using the last (and latest) Rasbmc to connect on same LAN to MediaPortal server.

I have only been using Kodi for a couple of months, but I notice that every couple of weeks, when I have been watching a Live TV recording ... when I click 'stop' before the finish of the recording it will cause the whole system to crash, reboot my HTPC and invariably I will have lost my settings as well. I can't remember if this was true on other occasions, but this evening I had been watching 1 recording on the Pi, and then stopped it to start watching it on the HTPC. There were no errors in doing that, but it was this programme which when stopped caused the system to crash.

Clearly somewhat annoying ... but I can live with it ...
Debug log (wiki)
When it occurs again ... I'll post the log file! Can I confirm that the log file isn't just logging when I turn on the 'debug' function in settings? Clearly that is not on when this error occurs ...

Thanks
The log file logs all the time. But you will need a file with debug turned on, which can be difficult with an intermittent fault. Particularly as the start of the log contains important info.
It has just occurred again ... but I have tried to use Kodi Log Uploader but this doesn't seem to have worked ...?
Too impatient!! It uploaded to 'p5p78ovvb' ... I hope that makes sense?
... and perhaps the more relevant log (the 'old.log' file) had a 'script error' ...?
Your log file is spammed with "script.plexbmc.helper-3.4.1" errors. Furthermore, it is not a debug log.
Please disable that addon, enable debug logging under "Settings/System/Debugging" and try again.

Note that in between all errors, I see multiple times: Unable to lookup host: 'POPPYAVENUE-PC'. Not sure if that is related to the problem.
Thank you ... I'll do so ... (I'll post again if this doesn't resolve the problem ...)