Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Software update required for Netflix?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I use an ATV2 with 5.3 and have recently started getting a message when I launch the native Netflix app saying that an Apple TV software update is required to continue using Netflix. I can select "Update Now" or "Update Later". So far Netflix is still working fine but it's annoying to get the warning everytime, and I wonder if eventually it will stop working on this SW version.

I'm assuming if I were to upgrade the ATV software my jailbreak will be overwritten and I will no longer be able to use XBMC/Kodi.

Has anyone else run into this yet?
I'm having this same problem, and now Netflix will no longer load content, did you find a fix? Thx
I would doublecheck with the FireCore/Seas0n Pass guys, but I think the last known update for ATV2 is still jailbreakable. Just be sure to backup (wiki), then you can update and rejailbreak.
I think he is talking about the last jailbreakable version (which is already really old). In that case - out of luck until a jailbreak for a newer atv2 ios version is available.
Install NitoTV and install the Nefilx Tweak in Nito.