Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ios XBMC movie, opening in other movieplYer on Ipad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

Its impossible, to stream a movie from Ipad, through a Ezcast Dongle, to my tv. The airplaybutton is simply missding. But, onths ago i tried XBMCon a Android Dongle and with a patch i was able to command XBMC, to open every movie in a VLC player, wich supports HD Hardware acceleration. So i was able to watch movies correctly.

But is this also possible for the IOS version? Isnt it easy, to install XBMC, on the ipad and use a patch so movies will be opened in another installed IOS app, whith a Airplay button? I wish that XBMC, will opening the selected movie in another app which i select. Isnt that possible?
Kodi on iOS already has hardware acceleration for HD videos.
start playback in xbmc/kodi - hit the homebutton to bring xbmc/kodi into the background - depending on your ios version go to the controlcenter which should show the paused playback of xbmc/kodi with an airplaybutton beside it - use that and continue playback by using the ios pause/unpause button.

this will only work for some movies depending on the movie format, the url and drm constraints...