Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Crackle video addon for Kodi 14.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a Crackle video addon which works for Kodi 14.1 ?

Thanks
Try USTVVoD
Someone made a version compatible with Gotham sometime back, can't remember who.

I made a slight modification and am able to install for Kodi 14.1.

I am not sure whether it's within the forum rules to make a link. However, it's easy to edit the change. Get the Gotham version named "plugin.video.crackle2fg-gotham.zip". Unzip, look for the default.py file. Open it and look for the 3rd line from the top. It should say "import simplejson as json". Change that line to "import json as json", save and zip the file back. It should install now.
Yeah I got the gotham file, but don't know how to edit that file ?

What do you use to edit the default.py file ? Notepad ?

Thanks

(2015-03-19, 21:32)token stranger Wrote: [ -> ]Someone made a version compatible with Gotham sometime back, can't remember who.

I am not sure whether it's within the forum rules to make a link. However, it's easy to edit the change. Get the Gotham version named "plugin.video.crackle2fg-gotham.zip". Unzip, look for the default.py file. Open it and look for the 3rd line from the top. It should say "import simplejson as json". Change that line to "import json as json", save and zip the file back. It should install now.
I am on a Mac. Notepad should do, just make sure it's in simple text.
Ok thanks a lot it worked.
I edit the default.py and save it back to the archive zip file and used it to install as zip addon and it worked without error.

Thanks a lot.

(2015-03-19, 21:32)token stranger Wrote: [ -> ]Someone made a version compatible with Gotham sometime back, can't remember who.

Is there a version for Android version for the Crackle zip file because I used the edited "import json as json" on the default.py file which works for Windows 7, but can't get it to work on Kodi 14.1 for Android.when I tried it on Android there is script error or say structure inconsistencies.

Thanks
I have installed in the same manner only on Android - Kodi 14.1 & 14.2 and SPMC 14.1.0. I have not encountered any problems so far. Granted, I have not play through any single movie completely, just test a few minutes for a few files to check that they play.

Mygica branded Android 4.2.2 Dual-Core and Android 4.4 Quad Core units.
(2015-03-30, 20:48)zhong Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a version for Android version for the Crackle zip file because I used the edited "import json as json" on the default.py file which works for Windows 7, but can't get it to work on Kodi 14.1 for Android.when I tried it on Android there is script error or say structure inconsistencies.

Thanks
You probably have a version installed already. Uninstall the installed one, restart Kodi and install the new one - that should get rid of the structure errors on install.
(2015-03-31, 00:55)learningit Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-30, 20:48)zhong Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a version for Android version for the Crackle zip file because I used the edited "import json as json" on the default.py file which works for Windows 7, but can't get it to work on Kodi 14.1 for Android.when I tried it on Android there is script error or say structure inconsistencies.

Thanks
You probably have a version installed already. Uninstall the installed one, restart Kodi and install the new one - that should get rid of the structure errors on install.

I uninstalled the version which doesn't work before I installed the edited version but still getting errors. Thanks
I had the same problem on my android tablet. You might need to uninstall, then delete the "kodi/addons/plugin.video.crackle2fg" folder and then re-install. That worked for me.
I also did the json thinguie a while back and it worked well ever since.

There's also crackler --> http://addons.kodi.tv/show/plugin.video.crackler/ but i think it only scrapes the us version of the site, no matter where you are.
Dont work any this version on android tv box or ipad...maybe could some upload the edited file?
I modify with json the crackle version and works...but dont work crackler....need a fix