Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: BBC America Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello there,

I am wondering if anyone will create a BBC America tv addon and stick it in a repo so that I can watch endless repeats of British programming from a premium service. This would be very much appreciated if somebody can create this tv addon for me, I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks from
DrWhovian1963
Does BBCA have an online stream that is legally available?
I have no idea, I wouldn't be able to access it as I am from the UK
Then how would you expect to watch BBC America through kodi. There is no magic in kodi to get around Geo IP restrictions.
That is why, my question is if someone will create a BBC America addon, stick it in a repository and put it into Kodi then I will be very happy with that!
I have seen people upload streams using our BBC channels (one, two, three, etc). so I expect them to do the same with the BBC America channel
So yeah, I would like someone to create a BBC America addon and stick in a repo. Call it payback for others illegally using our UK TV Channels
Troll?
Eh?
@DrWhovian1963: You seem to be missing the point, intentionally or unintentionally, that what you ask for is most likely illegal and would be classed as piracy. You probably need to continue this discussion on another forum, as further discussion here will see this thread moved to the garbage bin.
Even though what I am requesting is illegal, what I see on Kodi is addons full of our UK BBC and other TV channels but no BBC America? What I am asking if someone must create a BBC America addon, stick it in a repo and that is that! We already pay for a licence fee that, a lot of people are claiming, is outdated, what with 28 day playback of tv programmes on iPlayer and catch up services. .
Watching UK BBC content in the UK is totally legal, because the streams are provided by the BBC for consumption by UK viewers. Not so with BBC America content.
Really?! Thai is absolute bullshit, @Milhouse. The BBC would be having a field day if they seen addons full of theirs and other channels. It is called copyright infringement and we are watching tv through those streams illegally. The only way you would be able to watch UK content is through Freeview, Cable and terrestrial supplied by different tv companies. Yes, AMC owns BBC America but it is the BBC who provides the content at the end of the day so by me asking for a BBC America addon, I am wanting this to be a form of remuneration to the UK taxpayers.
To be honest with you, the content is the same as what we get in the UK. Some are provided by other channels (e.g. Broadchurch is by ITV, Father Ted by Channel 4, etc...)
Sorry, but you don't have a clue. I'm not talking about other channels, I'm talking specifically about UK BBC content which is totally legal to view in the UK, you don't even require a licence for the catch-up content. If you still disagree with me, consider yourself thoroughly misinformed. It's the same with BBC radio streams, you might want to read about the recent Audio Factory farce to understand who can and can't stream stuff.
Pages: 1 2