Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Why TrackTV?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I really not understand how TrackTV works with TMM.

Can somebody explain it to me?

Thank you Blush
As you might recognized, watching a movie/episode on Kodi only stores the "watched" state inside the Kodi database itself.
From the view of tmm you do not recognize that this movie/episode has been watched. (This is also a Problem, when you clear your Kodi database and re-import everything; the watched states are lost).

Trakt.tv is a service where you can track:

a) your library (which movies/episodes to you own)
b) the watched state of movies/episodes (also for items you do not own! - you saw a movie in the TV and you could mark it in trakt.tv so you can keep track that you already saw it).

As you can see trakt.tv is a service where you can track the watched state independent of the source where you saw this (cinema, TV, Kodi, Netflix, ...).
Kodi and tmm offer a connection to this service to automate the synchronization of this watched state (+your library in tmm).

E.g. you watch an episode in Kodi (with the trakt.tv plugin active) it will sync the watched state to trakt.tv and when you start tmm the next time and sync with trakt.tv it will pull this new watched state and also assign it to the episode in tmm (+NFO).

There are some other use cases for this service, but this is an example how i would use it Wink

hth
Manuel