Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Navigating EPG + amount of data
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Is there an easy way to skip forward a day in the EPG? This is simple in MediaPortal, but I seem to have to simply scroll through in Kodi.

Also, my TV server has 7 days of EPG data, but no matter what setting I change in Kodi (for number of days) I never get more than 3 days showing. Makes it hard to schedule stuff in advance. Kodi clearly knows that the data is there, as the schedules show up (timer). However, it doesn't display in the EPG or come up in search.

Edit: after waiting a while, the full 7 days of data is showing/searchable. I assumed that rebooting would sort this immediately.

Sorry for the newbie questions. I'll get up to speed pretty quickly and then hopefully you'll find I am able to help!

Mark
You can change the setting "Live TV/EPG/Days to display" and increase it to more than 3 days.
The PVR addon can access your full EPG. However Kodi will request only a subset of the available data if this setting is the limiting factor.
One of the reasons is that some people with low-power boards and huge amounts of EPG data started complaining about slow EPG loading.
(2015-03-22, 13:40)mcelliott Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Is there an easy way to skip forward a day in the EPG? This is simple in MediaPortal, but I seem to have to simply scroll through in Kodi.

Also, my TV server has 7 days of EPG data, but no matter what setting I change in Kodi (for number of days) I never get more than 3 days showing. Makes it hard to schedule stuff in advance. Kodi clearly knows that the data is there, as the schedules show up (timer). However, it doesn't display in the EPG or come up in search.

Edit: after waiting a while, the full 7 days of data is showing/searchable. I assumed that rebooting would sort this immediately.

Sorry for the newbie questions. I'll get up to speed pretty quickly and then hopefully you'll find I am able to help!

Mark

Hi Mark,

to skip forward/backward 12 hours use the skipnext and skipprevious commands. By default they're mapped to the comma and full stop (period) keys on your keyboard. If you're using a remote you'll have to remap them to whichever buttons you want to use in a keymap file.

Regarding the EPG, I find it useful to reset the PVR database for changes to the day settings to show up straight away. You can find the option under the Live TV settings in the System Settings area.