Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Loading EPG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why is it necessary for kodi to load the epg every time you start or turn it on from a complete shutdown? Is there a way to limit this to every 14 days?
The EPG is updated on the server side quite often, depending on settings.

MediaPortal network clients don't seem to take as long to get the information from the server. However, I suspect that the direct database access is not possible with Kodi.
(2015-03-25, 00:34)mcelliott Wrote: [ -> ]The EPG is updated on the server side quite often, depending on settings.

MediaPortal network clients don't seem to take as long to get the information from the server. However, I suspect that the direct database access is not possible with Kodi.

It would be neat if it at least remembers the last time the epg was loaded and store that data on the client pc and update again as needed. IMO, it shouldn't be done every time. This would really improve the WAF.
I agree, it is painful waiting for this everytime, especially on a Raspberry Pi 2!
Don't switch it off then Wink
Don't switch it off then Wink
Wouldn't it be better to just access the MediaPortal database directly, instant access that way?