Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cache Size
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all.

Newer Kodi user here. First off let me say a big THANK YOU to all of the developers and contributors to this amazing software!

Now that that is out of the way...

I am constantly receiving the message "Cache filled before reaching the required amount" while streaming HD content from the web. Some content displays the message very rapidly, some with longer times in between buffers, but it always happens and can make the HD content unwatchable due to constant buffering.

I did do a little searching and found out about the advanced settings xml file that can be created but have a question about it. I'm not sure what value of RAM to use as cache.

I'm using a G-Box Q which has 2GB of DDR3 RAM.

Also, what recommendations can you provide for the readbufferfactor setting?

Thanks so much for any help you can provide!
93 views and not a single person can offer some guidance?
Because this question has been answered no less than 50 times in this forum alone (I'm not joking, and the real number is likely to be much higher).

The message pops up when the video is loading too slowly. This normally happens because whatever server the video is on is too slow. It doesn't matter how fast your end of the internet is. You cannot change any setting to make it go faster. The cache settings are only useful for people in borderline situations.