Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Information Bar appearing in and out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am running openelec on Raspberry pi-2 and the information bar that displays the movies and video line bar randomly appears in and out. Is there any setting that controls this? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Bizzs
Not quite sure what you are referring to. If it's the OSD when playing videos, then do you have a mouse attached?
Mouse movements make the OSD pop up, and a small vibration can make a mouse move by the odd pixel.
Thanks for the reply. I do not have a mouse or anything attached to the raspberry. The infomration bar that I am refereing to is the one that displays "now playing" when a video is being played. It displays the video file name , shows a picture of the movie cover, has the volume, subtitles buttons and load signal. It pops in and out many times when viewing an online movie and I was looking for a way to turn it off or make it come one only when I push the information button with the remote.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dean
Does this happen with the stock Confluence skin? There's no need to disable the OSD as it shouldn't be randomly appearing unless an add-on or skin bug is causing it to appear (you've already ruled out the mouse).
could also be IR interference picked up by an IR receiver or FLIRC, or faulty keyboard. a log file may help
How are you controlling Kodi?

I have had issues with what seemed to be like someone pressing a button when someone hadn't. I am using a 2.4Ghz Wireless keyboard and it was primarily caused by interference due to the Pi and receiver being hidden behind my TV unit. To resolve the issue I simply used a 0.5m USB extension lead so I could discreetly mount the receiver infront of the TV. I also experienced this sort of problem when the batteries on the remote got very low.