Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Script Failure - Library Data
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm not sure if my problem is related to the skin but I believe it is because its happening on my PC and Android device( I love this skin). My library keeps disappearing and I receive a popup stating that the script failed for the Library data provider. I can come back to post the log from my phone if necessary but I keep importing my library afer it disappears (saved for just in case purposes) only to have it disappear later. The script was updated not too long ago and I believe thats when the problem started. Any ksuggestions on what may have caused the error?
(2015-03-27, 21:39)sissy1066 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I'm not sure if my problem is related to the skin but I believe it is because its happening on my PC and Android device( I love this skin). My library keeps disappearing and I receive a popup stating that the script failed for the Library data provider. I can come back to post the log from my phone if necessary but I keep importing my library afer it disappears (saved for just in case purposes) only to have it disappear later. The script was updated not too long ago and I believe thats when the problem started. Any ksuggestions on what may have caused the error?

Knowing what the problem is without a debug log would just be a guessing game. The script you are talking about should only be providing widget content or playlist infoline statistics. I am not sure how it could be deleting or modifying your library.
Here is the error:

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
Error Contents: ('files',)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/service.library.data.provider/default.py", line 567, in <module>
Main()
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/service.library.data.provider/default.py", line 135, in __init__
for item in json_response["result"]["files"]:
KeyError: ('files',)
-->End of Python script error report<--
Please read the link I posted. Specifically the third line in bold.
thank you, I will give it a shot!