Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 3D mode not displaying correctly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm using Kodi on my Raspberry Pi 1, model b+. After the last upgrade, I think the 3D mode stopped working correctly. I can't be sure, because I updated a long time ago and haven't watched a 3D movie since. Anyway, here is a quick description of the problem.

When viewing as 2D, both sides are displayed:

When viewing as 3D, I get 4 copies. It's as if instead of only duplicating the menu, the movie is duplicated as well.

I'm running arch linux and have kodi 14.1-3 installed. I have arch and kodi on a laptop as well, and there it seems to be fine.

Haven't been able to find another thread on this. Is anyone else having this problem? Should I file a bug?

Regards,
Karl
Post a debug log (wiki) first.
Might be interesting to try an OE 5.0.6 build (and possibly a Milhouse nightly build).
I'm not really sure what tree Arch builds from.
Here is the debug log. Sorry for not adding it at once.

I enabled logging, and then went to the movie and switched between 2d and 3d a couple of times.

kodi.log
have you checked if the 3D format of the movie is detected correctly? Just to be sure you could try setting the correct mode in video settings of OSD menu.
The 3D format is detected correctly from what I can tell. When opening the movie I get a popup asking me how I wan't to view it, and the preferred choice seem fine.

I forgot to mention that this isn't a problem I have with only one movie. I have tried ~4 that I'm sure worked several months ago, so something seems to have changed. Also I tried the same files on my laptop, which worked fine.

(2015-03-28, 17:06)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]Post a debug log (wiki) first.
Might be interesting to try an OE 5.0.6 build (and possibly a Milhouse nightly build).
I'm not really sure what tree Arch builds from.

If I had another SD card lying around I would be glad to try OE or something similar, but sadly I don't. Another thing I could try is installing directly from github and see if the behaviour is the same. I guess I will have to try cross-compiling in that case..

I used pacman to list the versions of the listed dependencies, in case it is useful.
Code:
hicolor-icon-theme 0.13-1
fribidi 0.19.6-2
smbclient 4.1.16-1
libtiff 4.0.3-5
libva 1.5.0-1
libpng 1.6.16-1
libcdio 0.93-1
yajl 2.1.0-1
libmariadbclient 10.0.16-1
libjpeg-turbo 1.4.0-1
libsamplerate 0.1.8-3
libssh 0.6.4-1
libmicrohttpd 0.9.37-1
sdl_image 1.2.12-3
python2 2.7.9-1
libass 0.12.1-1
libmpeg2 0.5.1-5
libmad 0.15.1b-7
libmodplug 0.8.8.5-1
jasper 1.900.1-13
rtmpdump 20140918-2
unzip 6.0-9
xorg-xdpyinfo 1.3.1-1
libbluray 0.7.0-1
libnfs 1.9.7-1
afpfs-ng 0.8.1-8
avahi 0.6.31-14
bluez-libs 5.28-1
tinyxml 2.6.2-3
raspberrypi-firmware 20150207-1
libplist 1.11-1
swig 3.0.5-1
taglib 1.9.1-1
libxslt 1.1.28-3.1
shairplay-git 122.64d59e3-1
(2015-03-29, 10:45)Hylen Wrote: [ -> ]If I had another SD card lying around I would be glad to try OE or something similar, but sadly I don't. Another thing I could try is installing directly from github and see if the behaviour is the same. I guess I will have to try cross-compiling in that case..

Some of the 3D fixes haven't made it into upstream Kodi. A PR got stalled due to concerns of how it may affect frame packed modes on the PC.
The main Kodi distributions build from my helix_rbp_backports (Helix), or newclock4 (master) branches.

I don't actually know where Arch builds from, but if it is building from upstream Helix branch then it may have issues with 3d.
If you succeed in building your own kodi, then it should be easy enough to switch branches and confirm this.