Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Enable Live TV-how?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I enabled Mythtv. I configured it. But Live TV does not show us as a choice in the Main Menu.
How does it get there? OpenElec on Raspberry Pi2.
Did you also enable in settings/live tv?
Yes, I have.
In confluence the tv menu won't appear unless the pvr addon has successfully started. So looks like you need a debug log (wiki) so we can see what happens.
Ha ha. I followed the link to debug log. It says "Programs → Get more... → XBMC/Kodi Log Uploader". Yes, well XBMC/Kodi Log Uploader
isn't there. All I wanted to do was play round with a PVR. Instead it is turning into a neverending timesink just trying to get it to work.
I'm using the most common elements in the most common way. How can my problems be unique?
"The most common elements" work well for lots of other people with no issues so a debug log is the best way to determine anything wrong. I've used mythtv PVR since it was added with no issues.

Probably sounds stupid but you do have mythtv installed and confirmed working right? Could simply by its not configured to talk to other clients on the network. Standalone installs often do this as the back end advertises itself as 127.0.0.1 instead of its IP.
I understand that a debug log is a good tool, I just have no idea how to create one given that XBMC/Kodi Log Uploader does not appear as
a choice. I do appear to have mythtv installed, but how can I confirm that it is working? It seems circular. I can't see Live TV as a menu choice
so I can't start mythtv. How can I tell if it is working? I changed mythtv's configuration from the default of 127.0.0.1 to my IP and also tried
localhost as that was also suggested as a possibility. Neither setting caused Live TV to appear as a menu choice.
On the backend check that:

in mythtv-setup the two IP addresses are set to actual the actual lan IP address, not 127.0.0.1

IPv6 is turned off

Listen on link local is turned off

PIN is set to 0000

In the frontend set the IP address of the backend to the IP address of the backand (as referred to above)

On openelec you can post a log easily by sshing in and typing

Code:
pastebinit .kodi/temp/kodi.log

after turning on debugginng and restarting kodi of course.
It's clear that you know a lot about this, but what you are describing doesn't look enough like what I am seeing
for me to do as instructed. I don't know how to "ssh in" or how to turn debugging. I can't figure out to interrupt
the boot process to prevent Kodi from beginning. I don't know if I'm in the backend. I don't know if I am in the
mythtv-setup. I can't find anything that talks about listening. I don't if I have tweaked something at some point
that is messing stuff up now. I think it' time to just write a new image on the SD card and start over.
Yeah, choices under Videos that used to work, no longer work. It's too snarled up to fix.
Hold on, if you are running openelec, then your mythbackend is on another computer.
I wiped the SD card and reimaged it with OpenElec 5.0.7. Same results but I got there much quicker, so I haven't tweaked many
things along the way. I tried enabling a different PVR, NextPVR. That caused constant messages "NextPVR PVR Client Connection lost."
I got those messages no matter how I set the host name. I suspect that MythTV is doing the same thing, but not telling me.
I don't know what you mean that if I am running openelec, then my mythbackend is another computer. How can it be?
I'm just using the Raspberry Pi2. What other machine is involved?
I think you need to read PVR (wiki)

In short, the PVR system in Kodi runs a server client system. The server or backend does the recording, the client, on kodi, connects to the backend.

mythbackend does not run on openelec because openelec doesn't include it.
Configuring TVheadend as backend (that's just perverse to have a backend called headend) appears to require a browser
and as far as I can tell, there is no browser in OpenElec. Why do they keep banging on about how easy this is?
I'm going to ask an even more basic question here than if you have a working back end of any kind. Not trying ti be rude but it seems like you dont quite grasp the pvr basics.
Do you have a TV tuner to capture a TV stream? If you're using an RPI it would have to be a networked on like an hdhomerun or a USB style one.
Pages: 1 2