Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Upgrade from 12.2 Frodo?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm currently on 12.2 Frodo and wonder if I should upgrade to the latest 14.2 Helix?

I know when I went to Frodo I did have some upgrade issues but at least did have the backup and it eventually worked.

What are the major advancements I'm missing out of by still being on Helix? I've got a crappy video card but an i5 CPU - are the newer versions better optimized or do they actually require more resources?
You get everything mentioned in Gotham FAQ (wiki) and Helix FAQ (wiki). Newer versions don't really have any additional requirements.
(2015-03-29, 04:09)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]You get everything mentioned in Gotham FAQ (wiki) and Helix FAQ (wiki). Newer versions don't really have any additional requirements.

Hmmmm one of the big ones seems to be my Aeon MQ skin is not (currently!) supported on Helix...
There is a HELIXMOD for Aeon MQ5 that does not work 100%, but mostly fine. I'm using it since the early 14.0 days.
what OS are you on? If it's Linux and you have an old GPU (especially AMD) you might get issues with newer versions. But if you do a backup of your userdata upfront just give it a try and see if everything works out for you.