Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: mac-tv-via HDMI cable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am now experiencing and Audio syncing issue with all movies after upgrading to KODI? I sometimes would have an audio syncing problem with XMBC but it was rare and would just select another movie. I have Tweaked settings on KODI but nothing seems to work? Any suggestions would be great!!
Is the mac is connected directly to the TV, or is there an audio receiver involved? Also, see if you can get us a debug log (wiki) of when you play a movie that has audio sync issues.
I use a receiver . . My HDMI cable goes from my Mac to my television. I also use another tv and seem to have the same problem without a avr. i will have to research how to do a de-bug log , never did that before. How may I do that?
Post your settings from settings->video->playback and settings->system->audio
Refresh rate to video- Always
pause during refresh rate- off
sync playback to display- yes
a/v sync method- drop dupe audio

Number of channels- 2.0
output configuration- Optimized
maintain original volume on downmix- off
resample quality - medium
keep audio device alive- always
play gui sounds always

Getting started on Bug report now. thanks.
You are passthrough in addition right? (you didn't post it but it looks like). In that case disable sync playback to display because drop/dupe/audio is invalid for passthrough.

I'd rather suggest to disable passthrough and instead set the speaker config to 5.1 - so you can get multi channel pcm (i guess your receiver supports it).

So my proposal,

1. disable sync playback to display
2. disable passthrough
3. set speaker config to 5.1
Yes that did it, audio is syncing perfect ! Thank you !! Wanted to ask if i play on a tv without AVR should i just enable pass thru and select 2.0?
I just noticed my AVR is not indicating 5.1 sound ? It worked the first time but now it stopped? Any suggestions on how to correct this? ThanksSmile
Disregard last message. I am learning as I go. Yes my receiver has pcm. Audio is coming out 5.1 PCM. Passthru being disabled. Hence no blue light on receiver . I understand. Everything is syncing .wunderbar,,Danke!
You should always prefer multi channel PCM instead of passthrough. Most users go crazy if they don't see the fancy lights on the amp - but actually pass through sucks in compare to multichannel pcm Wink
Learn something everyday, thanks!
Having exact same issues as you Chip!

I tried disabling sync playback to display and passthrough set my speakers to 5.1 my dropouts went from every 2-5 minutes to once every 20 minutes! Def much better!

thanks Memphiz

My AVR says Multi In now sound is good I tried changing HDMI Cable and input on the AVR Sad

Even changed from SMB to NFS share also!

Any other suggestions Memphiz?
Major improvement with adjustments . I still have minor sync issues but it clears up within 2-3 minutes of playtime. Sometimes it works right on from the start. Either way I am able to watch a movie without a major sync issue like before. I would still like to know what would cause the minor sync issue, is it internet speed or my macbook possibly?
(2015-03-31, 10:35)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]You are passthrough in addition right? (you didn't post it but it looks like). In that case disable sync playback to display because drop/dupe/audio is invalid for passthrough.

I'd rather suggest to disable passthrough and instead set the speaker config to 5.1 - so you can get multi channel pcm (i guess your receiver supports it).

So my proposal,

1. disable sync playback to display
2. disable passthrough
3. set speaker config to 5.1

Problems are back in Isengard Undecided I tried with the suggested settings and though it worked in 14.2 in 15.0 its back fall outs every 2-3 minutes. Undecided i have my AVR on multichannel PCM and VDAdecoder turned off (also tried with ON) no difference, any suggestions?
Pages: 1 2