Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 14.2 is choppy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been fiddling with Kodi (14.2) for HOURS today, making the move from 12.3.

Everything seems fine, but testing some movies and i noticed they are alot less smooth then on Frodo 12.3

The audio is way more off, i had audio beeing off on frodo also, but fixed it with 200ms delay. On Kodi, i have to use 700ms delay.

The video playback seems to stutter every now and then, and pressing "O" i can see that the fps is jumping from 22 to 24fps and seems unstable. On frodo its stable.

I use the exact same settings as i used on Frodo.

My Hardware is: AMD A10, 8GB 1866RAM, Windows 7 64Bit. Yamaha RX-A2010 and Panasonic Plasma TV.
------------------
Updated my first post.
Quote:My Hardware is: AMD A10, 8GB 1866RAM, Windows 7 64Bit.

^^ that's a problem byself with the quality of the windows driver.

Debug Log is missing no one can help without.
(2015-04-01, 18:08)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:My Hardware is: AMD A10, 8GB 1866RAM, Windows 7 64Bit.

^^ that's a problem byself with the quality of the windows driver.

Debug Log is missing no one can help without.

Here is a log file. What's happening is that the fps drops 1-2fps and i get a little "hickup". I also have some small artifacts in the picture that i dont have on 12.3

This is on a fresh 14.2 install using the same Audio and Video settings as i use on 12.3. Everything is smooth as butter on 12.3, so i dont get it why 14.2 behave like this.

I'm running HDMI through an Yamaha RX-A2010 Receiver

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4nerrz714isdiw/kodi.log?dl=0
Upgrade display drivers. Your AMD GPU driver does not support DXVA-HD. If you want to keep old DXVA method, then downgrade to 12.3
Ok, i tried the newest 15.3 Beta drivers, but still the same. I dont use DXVA or DXVA-HD as render method, i use Pixel Shaders.

Is this an AMD problem, software, hardware?
I think i found the problem!

Deinterlace video has to be set to "Auto" and Deinterlace method to "Auto select", although i used "On" and "De-Interlace" on Frodo, Helix did behave differently on my system.

The choppyness seem to have disappeared, but i'm gonna keep trying out some more video's just to be sure.