Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: My VEVO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
READ THIS FIRST
This a rough work in progress to update VEVO and VEVO TV. I decided to write an entirely new version for the most recent API. There are many major issues with this still:

- Only resolution right now is 1080 or whatever is the highest available.
- Some work needs to be done to pre-fetch the images, it's quite slow.
- Need to add Shows, Tours, Playlists, etc.
- Need to add next page
- International Support
- Facebook login

I'm putting this out there because I will need help testing the translations that are internal to VEVO and it will help if I can have folks in different locations tell me if this works or not and to check if the native language support is working. I anticipate all kinds of problems because it looks like the international versions have different metadata structures, but I will slowly work to resolve the issues. Please be patient.

This is a first very rough cut which is English only to test basic functionality. The next version will make use of the translation tables and will have many more configuration options. This initial version needs a reasonably fast (4 Mbps+) internet connection to work without excessive buffering, this will be reduced in the next version.

This addon can co-exist with the current VEVO addon. You will know the difference by seeing VEVO TV on the main menu for V2.x.x.

Version 2.0.2 in my git:
https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.myvevo/
Thanks
In New Zealand. Seems to be working, although before tv just shows a blank.
(2015-04-03, 06:52)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]In New Zealand. Seems to be working, although before tv just shows a blank.
Not sure what you mean - are you referring to the menu item or the stream being blank, or something else?
Do you have any buffering issues with the 1080?
As far as I can tell everything is working in Germany.
I can also confirm that it is working in Germany. Thanks for taking over the addon.
(2015-04-03, 13:26)learningit Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-03, 06:52)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]In New Zealand. Seems to be working, although before tv just shows a blank.
Not sure what you mean - are you referring to the menu item or the stream being blank, or something else?
Do you have any buffering issues with the 1080?

When you click on vevo tv, the next page is blank.

Slight buffering on a couple of streams. Not sure if that is due to my powerline internal network.
V2.0.4 Update adds get Related, Playlists, User Login and some general cleanup.

https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.myvevo
I'm not a registered user at vevo. So I can't comment on that. Get related is working and is a great feature. Will you incorporate the "favorite Artists" function into your addon? That was my most used feature of the old addon.
(2015-04-05, 19:31)DarkHelmet Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not a registered user at vevo. So I can't comment on that. Get related is working and is a great feature. Will you incorporate the "favorite Artists" function into your addon? That was my most used feature of the old addon.
Yes I intend to add 'favorite Artists'. You should create an account and try the playlists - it allows for 'play later' and the ability to share between devices. I also intend to add a 'Add to Library' function to add a playlist or video to music videos in the library. I've updated the github to Version 2.0.5 which has better error handling, adds Rename Playlist and cleans up some other view issues.
V2.0.6 Update cleans up search performance issues, metadata cleanup, adds Favorite Artists for library functions.

You got repo
Version 2.0.9 is in my git. This version adds bitrate selection and cleans up a few bugs like watchlist full and adds flat icons for "thumbnail" view.

If this version works well for folks, I will submit it to the Kodi.org repo. I don't think I'm going to put more functionality in for a bit until any bug issues in this version are identified and fixed.

(2015-04-06, 20:28)nickshe89 Wrote: [ -> ]You got repo

I will put it in the Kodi.org repo when it's fully cooked.
Thanks for the update. Favorite artists displays not all the artists from my music library. It stops the list after artists beginning with b. The artists beginning with c and after that are not displayed. Can you confirm?
(2015-04-07, 19:40)DarkHelmet Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the update. Favorite artists displays not all the artists from my music library. It stops the list after artists beginning with b. The artists beginning with c and after that are not displayed. Can you confirm?

That sounds like a bug. The addon does weed out artists that have unicode values that can't be made into ascii - the Vevo search only has ascii search (I think, doesn't seem to like other values). By any chance is it stopping at Blue Oyster Cult? - that's where I noticed the unicode issue in my library and thought that I coded around that - at least it works with mine. It may help to enable debugging and post the log to xbmclogs.com or pastebin so I can take a look.

EDIT I realize that I limit the number of artists in the json call to the library to 100. Is this the rough count where you are getting cut off (thee may be discards due to unicode chars)?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18