Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 15 (skip steps) is that what we want ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Netflix, HBO, Hulu among others all have a nice clean forward feature. where you hold down the button and it will smoothly scroll forward. and on release it stop.

why did kodi not implement a similar setup ?

bollywood movies all have songs in their movies at around 5 minute. If by each pressing it skip larger minutes, its impossible to skip as close to 5 minute ahead Sad
pressing 5 times right in a row skips 5 mins in my setup, perfect to skip commercials over here. And if you disable skip steps by only selecting one step size and setting the skip delay to 0 you get instant seeking which should behave similar to Netflix I think.
Kodi does have this. Control + Arrows.
Correction, it's Control (not shift) + arrows.

Should be similar to how the mouse wheel works. If you ever want to see something really slick, try seeking with a touchpad scrollbar. It's delightful. I wish someone would integrate one into a remote control.
ned Scott i want the "slick scroll" when i press and hold down the forward button.... is that possible ?

setting the skip delay to 0 will achieve this ?
Try using "analogseekforward" and "analogseekback" for the right and left actions in a keymap (wiki) and see if that gives you what you want. This is a different action from the normal seek steps, so it won't matter what those settings are.
How do I go back to the previous method of 10 min for up and down and 30 secs for left and right. This new way is horrendous. Was one of the best methods on any device for skipping through digital video. Seems to me like change for change sake.
Up/down is still the same. For left/right go into settings -> Videos -> Playback -> seek -> and just set only one skip for forward and backward. When there is only one seek step it will automatically disable the delay.

However, play around with the settings. It's actually a lot more useful than one might think, but it's hard to make a default that makes everyone happy. Personally, I don't like the defaults, and I use:

Back: -10, -30
Forward: +10, +30
Delay: 250ms

Which is awesome. It simplifies it so I think of it as "Double press" for 30, "single press" for 10. If you press more than twice then it keeps going by 30, so 4 presses to the right will go +1 minute 30 seconds.

There are a lot of combinations, and it personal preference plays a huge part in finding the right one. I would not judge the feature based on the defaults alone.
Thanks for the reply. Ive managed to sort it back to how it was. But yeah ill have a play with it and find one I like more simple than the default and see how I get on.
Does anyone else have problems with the player continueing playback after seeking ? for me it gets stuck for like 5 seconds before continuing playback normally. This only happens for me in Kodi 15 Beta 2 (havent tried other alphas/betas). Doesnt happen in 14.2 or any previous version.
(2015-06-21, 09:41)Punkid Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone else have problems with the player continueing playback after seeking ? for me it gets stuck for like 5 seconds before continuing playback normally. This only happens for me in Kodi 15 Beta 2 (havent tried other alphas/betas). Doesnt happen in 14.2 or any previous version.

try a nightly as it could have been fixed by now