Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How do I Duplicate all settings and data to RP2 from my pc?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I finally got my RP2 and I want Kodi to be set the same as on my pc (windows 7) with all the addons and configurations, how do I do that?
I know about the User data folder and everything but not sure if I can just copy and move all db and data as is from windows to openelec.
Also, I'm familiar with the Backup addon, not sure if it applies here as-well, besides I couldn't set dropbox to work in RPI2 - keep getting session expired when accessing the url for the app.
I don't need it to sync with my pc settings, just want the same settings and addons as they are right now.
I'll appreciate your help as I don't want to spend hours on setting and config it all again.

Thanks
you best bet is to start clean, you can copy the database files and thumbnails etc and some xml files such as source and advancedsettings, keyboard, remote etc. But other than that start clean to avoid issues down the line, especially with add-ons.
Use the backup add-on with a USB drive or an SMB file share.