Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Old Samsung DLP TV has anynet, but needs special cable?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, I just got my nice new RazPi 2 w/1gb and got it all set up with Openelec/Kodi14.2 I think was the version. I even got it talking with my media server and have all the Sickrage data and pictures getting scraped perfectly! Now all I need is to get a remote working so I can use it with my TV. Unfortunately my TV is a bit on the old side. It is a Samsung HL-R6178W, made in like 2005 Confused.

Here's what I know
------------------------------
When I plug RP in, the CEC splash hits the corner. When I start messing with the anynet settings I get nothing. Then I find that there is an anynet PORT on the back of this dinosaur, so I'm assuming it isn't using HDMI-CEC, but I can't be sure since I'm getting the CEC splash on plug in. Here's what I'm looking at from the back.
Anyone know if this beast has anything I could work with? I also see DNET and RS232C, whatever those are. Is there a way I might be able to jerry-rig something with this weird anynet port? I ain't afraid of splicing cables, loading software, and soldering pins together Tongue Anything usable or am I gonna be limited to FLIRC / wifi controls on this puppy? Also, here's the manual I'm looking at, and if that link doesn't work try this one.

Thanks Big Grin