Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fire TV setup, TV Wired Only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings all,

My TV is a few years old and my only connection is wired. How is setup possible on my Amazon Fire TV? Every tutorial I've seen calls for the IP address & being on the same network as my Mac. I admit my total ignorance so please help. Thank you.
Wired or not you're router will assign an IP address to your fire TV. You can find it in settings/system/network
Network shows wired then configure network. A window comes up asking that I enter the IP address. There's an address greyed out but I don't know if it's the actual IP.
On the Fire TV, go to System --> About --> Network and it will show the IP address. It will probably be 192.168.X.XXX where the X are provided by your DHCP server (router).
Yes katsup, that's what I was trying to describe. Given that, will the process work without an actual wireless connection?
I downloaded the adbFire app & I get several pop ups reading, "Can't create logfile". After several clicks to this, I get the place where I can enter the IP. I do so and press connect but the status on the bottom shows "ADB running. Device not connected." What do you guys recommend? If need be, I'll do a different method.
The Fire TV needs Wired or Wireless Network connection. It does not need both.

Read the Wiki on how to install Kodi.
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_on_Fire_TV