Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kiosk Deployment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! I work for a university and I've been tasked with setting up some gaming stations to showcase student work.

I initially programmed my own using a 3D rendering front-end for my UI, but I ran into some issues with UAC and focusing. I don't really have time to resolve the issue, so I'm looking at using Kodi (which is infinitely better anyways).

Launcher4Kodi handles a lot of security features that I'm looking for and Application Launcher lets me launch the games (though I need to probably set up an intermediary mutex locking mechanism to prevent duplicate launching, unless somebody else has solved this problem?)-- so I really have all the functionality I need.

What I'm looking for is some advice on making it behave more like a Kiosk and less like a Media Center, where only the titles are shown and most of Kodi's file-browsing features are hidden. For now, the UI just needs to be idiot-proof, I'm not too particular about how it looks- I just want the user to browse and launch games, no other functionality should be there (apart from a screen saver).

Any advice on using Kodi in this way?
This is an area where I haven't really gotten into myself, but I'm guessing you're going to be looking at something with the Advanced Launcher add-on and a new Kodi skin that can be locked down into a kiosk mode.