Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't add source under file manager
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just downloaded and installed Kodi. It am running on a Mac with latest OSX installed.

I went to System=> File Manager, but when I click "add source" it just goes yellow? Nothing happens?

I have searched forums but can't seem to find the same issue on a Mac?

I am very new to Kodi please be gentle if this is a very dumb question.
I have a very similar problem when I go to add source it will not let me type in anything
I had lots of problems setting up shares on a Mac for access by OpenElec/Kodi, trying smb and other protocols. Eventually I found a very easy solution using nfs shares. Download the nfs loader and follow instructions from :

http://support.firecore.com/entries/2063...ntain-Lion-

A shortcut is placed in the Sysstem Preferences panel. Once you have created these shares you just have to go to Videos in Kodi and select Add Source type in the share path. It will look something like this

nfs://192.168.0.2/Volumes//RAIDData/Mac_Movies

where my Mac computer has that IP address and the Disk is RAIDData and the Folder on that Disk is Mac_Movies. Remember Linux is case sensitive and you need to avoid spaces.

After spending hours trying everything else it took me five minutes to set this up.
Click on "add source" so it turns yellow, then press enter on your keyboard to bring up the dialog box.
hey, just letting you guys know i had the same issue and i had my security on on my mac. turned it off and it worked when i clicked and pressed the space bar
I may have disabled my add source in the file manager. It is not there. How do I get it back.
I can't add anything on the source. After adding the source and name it I get the message:
unable to connect. Couldn't retrieve directory information. This could be due to the network not being connected. Would you like to add it anyway?
This happens to all the sources I add, and I am connected to the internet. What to do? Please help here!!! Thank you
Can you access the source on a computer via a web browser?

What source is it you're trying to add? If it's anything on the banned addons (wiki) list then forget it.