Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Razer Forge TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
For those interested, the Razer Forge TV bundle is available for pre-order on Amazon again with a price of $149(U.S.).
Cool. If I am going to take a chance, it will be with the Nvidia Console. Before they announced it, I was pretty much ready to get Forge TV. But now I have to say I am going to wait.

Hopefully they will both be good devices.
Very tempting...
I'm going to wait for nVidia's Shield console instead. Significantly better specs. It's due out next month.
Is it known if Razer Forge TV has support for CEC?
Personally, I'm torn. I wouldn't use it for gaming at all so I'm not sure if the better hardware is really justified for me. The Shield is also larger and I much prefer small form factors. Throw in my lack of impulse control and I'm truly conflicted.
USCMITCH Go for it. Main reason I want Nvidia Console is because of gaming. But for everything else and for the price point, this should be good.

Give it a go and let us know how it worked out. Smile
(2015-04-23, 18:27)epicstruggle Wrote: [ -> ]Is it known if Razer Forge TV has support for CEC?

I'm not certain but I think CEC is required for Android TV. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
(2015-04-23, 18:29)ozkhan1 Wrote: [ -> ]USCMITCH Go for it. Main reason I want Nvidia Console is because of gaming. But for everything else and for the price point, this should be good.

Give it a go and let us know how it worked out. Smile

You talked me into it.Big Grin
You really do lack impulse control, LOL Wink. Actually, I think many of us in the forum are (myself included).
(2015-04-23, 18:27)USCMitch Wrote: [ -> ]Personally, I'm torn. I wouldn't use it for gaming at all so I'm not sure if the better hardware is really justified for me. The Shield is also larger and I much prefer small form factors. Throw in my lack of impulse control and I'm truly conflicted.

(2015-04-23, 19:01)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]You really do lack impulse control, LOL Wink. Actually, I think many of us in the forum are (myself included).

I am raising my hand right now as well. Guilty as charged, I think most users who post in the hardware section are in the same boat as us. We just cant resist the temptation for a nice box. I have two NUCs, Amazon fire TVs, a pivos box and couple of other crap junk POS I paid more money than I should have, now just sitting around gathering dust.

Really my answer to my wife's shoe closet!
(2015-04-23, 19:01)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]You really do lack impulse control, LOL Wink. Actually, I think many of us in the forum are (myself included).

In my defense, it's really confined to electronics. I love electronics/computers and that combined with my search for the "perfect" box makes it really hard to resist new hardware. Otherwise, guilty as charged.

Besides, Anazon's return policy makes it less painful to lack impulse control.
thats what I keep telling my wife.. Either this or expensive cars and hookers.. Take your pick!.
It runs android tv doesn't it? How different is that from kodi? I imagine you can run kodi on it as well?
Kodi would run on it as an app, no different than on Google's own Nexus Player and Amazon's Fire TV now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5