Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Skin Keeps Restting back to Confluence
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all. Quick question. I have Aeon Nox decked out and customized but every now and then it just resets in XBMC/Kodi back to Confluence. the addons are still there but when i change back to AN all the customizations are then gone. Its super frustrating after you spend so much time customizing it.

can anyone shed any light on me why this is happening?

thank you so much.
Sounds like you have auto update enabled. Go to System>Addons. Open the left side settings panel and disable auto updating.
Ah thanks for that. but doesnt this turn the auto update off on all the addons? so will, say, Genesis still update all the movies and shows automatically with Auto Update turned off?
the auto update is for the addons, functin of the addon you mentioned is different to this. This autoupdate is for the addons from kodi repo or local repo's which themselves would get updated automatically when this option is enabled.
in your case there possibly is a conflict somewhere in your Aeon install which is resetting your skin back to default.
I would re download / install after deleting current all traces of skin, refresh GUI settings.
a fresh install and then see how you get on. Also enable debugging and then post a debug log if this continues.
Great! Thanks guys will try this.
This just happened to me after spending 2-3 hours getting everything the way I like (only just upgraded to Kodi Aeon 5 a week ago)

It just happened when I added a line to advanced settings, but it sounds like this could have been the cause. Could it be because aeon 4 is still installed, I thought they were completely different skins?

Even more frustrating is my backup add-on which I only added a few days ago hasn't backed up a thing (I should have checked).

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but there is no way to fix this huh? I have to set it all up again?

Can someone also please confirm how I prevent this without disabling all update to add-ons. I will follow the advice advice above a do a clean install. Anything else?

Interestingly I had a small music odd mod (manually installed) just a couple of xml file changes. And that mod is still there, but all the settings have returned to default. Could this be part of the problem?
Ok, so this just happened again. Was there another update or did something else cause this? I'd appreciate any help I can get.
What system are you using? An android TV box? To backup your settings just copy your guisettings.XML which is found in the userdata folder, somewhere and if it happens you just copy that over start kodi and your settings should be back to normal.
Sorry, should have said, in using Win 7. So that xml file will back up all the skin settings? Including things like custom home menu items and backgrounds?

Regardless I'll take a backup anyway. I'm sure it will help. Thanks very much
hey all. i wanted to share an update. i went to addons - services and uninstalled the kodi version check auto update (whatever its called) addon and have not had a reset since.

so far that is my solution.

hope it works for you all.