Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help needed, (out of my league)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I had a guy tell me about Kodi and I have spent some time trying to research on my own how I can utilize this service.

I am lost though, it may be above my head. I have an iPad2 and I have iOS 8.2 installed. I have not installed 8.3 as from what I can tell I need to jailbreak my iPad to use kodi correct? I think there is no jailbreak for 8.2 available yet?

I guess that is where I need to start. Correct me if I'm wrong. Ultimately I'm really hoping to be able cancel my extremely overpriced cable bill and watch shows through Kodi the way the gentleman told me about said was possible.

Thanks for any help
Kodi is not a service and doesn't provide any videos, TV shows, or movies. It is nothing more than a video player. There is a major misconception that Kodi itself provides convent, which it does not. Kodi was designed to be used as a living room interface, controlled with a remote control, for people's existing movie and TV show files that they have on a hard drive or network location.

You're basically asking how to pirate/bootleg videos, which I take no issue with on a moral level, but I must tell you is against our forum rules (wiki).