Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Should I just install Kodi for iOS on iPad or is there an easier solution?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got myself an iPad and I've got a MySQL install of Kodi configured on my HTPC - plus an SMB share of all my stuff on my FreeNAS machine.

I've configured Kodi on iOS before and to be honest, I found it a little cumbersome, it still "feels" like the iOS versions are really just a port of the Windows version. IIRC it was awkward to configure using the MySQL server for library management and what have you.
Should I just stream via Kodi over SMB and deal with configuring it, should I run Plex on my FreeNAS box, just for the tablet or is there some kind of application on the Apple store which might make things easier?

What are others doing with iPads?
Thanks all, I appreciate replies.
and tonight I found out, Kodi REQUIRES a jailbroken iOS device (I had no idea) - wow.... Apple being idiots I suppose?
Although I do feel like it shouldn't be advertised :/ I almost feel cheated. There is NOT a version of Kodi or XBMC for iOS - only hacked iOS :/