Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Questions from a newbie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Love the skin thank you very much. I have some questions that i don't know where else to add them

Is there a way to re-size the subtitles (.srt) on the fly live and not from the menu ?

Can you change the position of a subtitle, meaning put them a little bit higher or lower, ctrl + uparrow does do much (mac mini 10.0.3)

Can you please please make instead of showing "total number of episodes, 5 watched" showing unwatch. You have
40 shows, 5 episodes unwatch and not watch option.

Can somehow have on the root of TV shows option the total number of unwatch episodes instead of watch as it is now .
(3) TV Shows
------ Arrow (1)
------- The Flash (2)

many thanks for any feedback.

Regards,
Vassilis
(2015-05-01, 23:41)great_vc Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Love the skin thank you very much. I have some questions that i don't know where else to add them

Is there a way to re-size the subtitles (.srt) on the fly live and not from the menu ?

Can you change the position of a subtitle, meaning put them a little bit higher or lower, ctrl + uparrow does do much (mac mini 10.0.3)

Hi Vassilis.

Great to hear that you like the skin Smile

Subtitles are handled directly by Kodi and not the skin.

Go to Settings -> Videos -> Subtitles. Here you have all settings including size and position (I use "Below Video").

It's unfortunately not possible to do on the fly - you have to stop playback for the changes to take effect.

(2015-05-01, 23:41)great_vc Wrote: [ -> ]Can you please please make instead of showing "total number of episodes, 5 watched" showing unwatch. You have
40 shows, 5 episodes unwatch and not watch option.

I have been meaning to do this for a while now, so now it's done Smile

It will be available from the next update.

To get the skin updates much faster, you can install my repository. Read here how to do that.

(2015-05-01, 23:41)great_vc Wrote: [ -> ]Can somehow have on the root of TV shows option the total number of unwatch episodes instead of watch as it is now .
(3) TV Shows
------ Arrow (1)
------- The Flash (2)

In the TV Show library, you have the following infos available:

- In the bottom left you have total number of tv shows and the number of watched (now unwatched) tv shows.
- In most view styles you have the number of unwatched episodes to the left of the tv show title.

If you have more questions, let me know Smile

Cheers
Gade
Gade thank you so much for your replies.

i installed from zip, it says skin updated but i do not see the change from watched to say unwatch on both displays

Maybe i'm confused on what you meant, or it is not yet updated by you ?

one last thing i promise Big GrinAngel can you make the opacity of the check mark and number of unwatch episodes more solid, as you can see from the screenshots it is not that clear on the screen. Also can the unwatch be done for movies also?

(2015-05-02, 13:38)great_vc Wrote: [ -> ]Gade thank you so much for your replies.

i installed from zip, it says skin updated but i do not see the change from watched to say unwatch on both displays

Maybe i'm confused on what you meant, or it is not yet updated by you ?

Hi Vassilis.

You did the right thing Smile

I will push the update with the unwatched labels later tonight.

(2015-05-02, 13:38)great_vc Wrote: [ -> ]one last thing i promise Big GrinAngel can you make the opacity of the check mark and number of unwatch episodes more solid, as you can see from the screenshots it is not that clear on the screen.

If you have any questions or feature requests, just ask. That's what the forums are for.

Sorry, but the overlays are part of the design the way they are.

I will take note of this though, so perhaps I will change something when I get to it. I'm pretty busy at the moment and focus with the skin is elsewhere.

(2015-05-02, 13:38)great_vc Wrote: [ -> ]Also can the unwatch be done for movies also?

The new unwatched labels apply to movies, tv shows, episodes and music videos.
Fantastic Gade, looking forward for your future work.

Many thanks.

P.S: I would like to donate in your skin creation efforts, can i do that ?
Thanks Smile

I have pushed the update to my repository, so you should have the updated unwatched labels by now.

No need to donate - I do this as a hobby.

Cheers
Gade
Just updated, IT WORKS !!! Finally unwatched items, i'm so happy Big Grin Big Grin

Don't ever change it Tongue
Gade,

i don't know if this is Kodi faults or the skin but as you can see from the screenshot
i have multiple entries of Brooklyn Nine-Nine on the recently added list, and i have never stared playing community i don't know how it got on the progress page. This happens almost every time

tnx
Don't know about that - not a skin issue. Try restarting your system and Kodi.

The add-on service.skin.widgets provides the info for those widgets, although it works perfectly on all my systems - both Windows, IOS, OSX, OpenELEC and Android.

You can try checking the settings for service.skin.widgets.
ok Gade thanks very much for your efforts