Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New to mythtv
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I've done a few searches on these questions, couldn't find the answers so I apologize if these have been posted.

1. Is there a way to auto-enter a channel when selecting on the epg? I usually select a channel, if gives me some info then I need to hit enter again or hit switch. I'd like to skip this and go directly to tuning the channel.

2. On mythtv's directories. I have pointed the Live tv directory and recordings to my NAS. I have noticed in the live tv directory it will fill up with whatever show I am watching (not recording) and be there sometimes for a few days then disappear as if there is a scheduled purge. Is this typical behavior? And if so can I have it so that it deletes after switching channels?

Thanks
If you are watching it you are recording it. It is kept for 2 days I think by default. You can change the default somewhere in mythtv-setup.
For 1.
Make sure Settings Level is set to Advanced in System>Settings>TV
Then in Guide set Default Select Action to Switch to channel

Mike
(2015-05-05, 08:24)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]If you are watching it you are recording it. It is kept for 2 days I think by default. You can change the default somewhere in mythtv-setup.

I see. Thank you.

(2015-05-05, 09:13)MikeB2013 Wrote: [ -> ]For 1.
Make sure Settings Level is set to Advanced in System>Settings>TV
Then in Guide set Default Select Action to Switch to channel

Mike

Great I will check that out when I get home later.

Thanks for the replies!