Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problems Installing on Yosmite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All,
I just migrated from an old 2007 imac to a late 2013 machine. I attempted to reinstall Kodi. I downloaded the file, and placed it in my application folder. When double clicked, the icon bounces in the menu bar, then disappears. I have tried downloading and executing both the 32 and 64 bit versions the same result. Any suggestions on how to get it going? Thanks!
System preferences -> Security and privacy -> General -> Allow apps downloaded from -> change it to Anywhere
I tried that, I get to the point where it prompts me to "open" The icon appears for a fraction of second then disappears, it does not run
If you are upgrading from an old version of XBMC or Kodi, try this...

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1874532
(2015-05-10, 15:36)amet Wrote: [ -> ]System preferences -> Security and privacy -> General -> Allow apps downloaded from -> change it to Anywhere

or just right/two finger/ctrl click it and select open! this should work, if it doesn't something else is amiss..
Something else is amiss. I have no problem installing the dmg file and the icon for Kodi appears in my application folder, when I click the icon to open, it gives me the warning that it was downloaded from the internet. I click open.....the icon appears and starts bouncing in the menu bar, then disappears. I have tried renaming the kodi file in applications support. Here is info on my machine:
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac14,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 3.5 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 32 GB
Boot ROM Version: IM142.0118.B09
SMC Version (system): 2.15f7