Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi hangs after some idle time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kodi, running on raspberry pi (model B+) hangs after being on and idle for a while. I run it on a raspbeery pi behind the tv, which is intended to be just running as a server. It simply does not respond to CEC anymore

I noticed that this problem does not appear in 14.0, but does appear in 14.2 The raspberry pi is fine. Obviously I don't want to reboot my Pi every X days, it should just keep on working. When answering, keep in mind that the hardware (pi) is nearly unreachable and should be treated as a separate serverroom and the Pi is only being operated by CEC via the HDMI. (and no, it's not the tv)

As a workaround I can reboot the PI now, but that is not a sustainable solution in the long run. Can you please test keeping the pi idle for a long time (at least 3 days) and try to get it running with CEC again?

Thanks.
Works fine for me for weeks at a time. Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when this happens for you?
Can you try to resetablish the connection through the TV? Use the CEC menu (may be called anynet+/bravia sync/simplink/viera link/rezga link/etc)
Does unplugging any other HDMI devices connected to receiver/TV make any difference?
Make and model of TV/receiver?
My first thought was the tv, my second the raspberry pi hardware, but when I restart kodi (with or without the whole raspberry pi) the connection is back. The tv is new, got a software update last month, it's the 42pfk7509. I operate all devices via the original tv remote and it all works plendid. Last kodi version the CEC did not repond immediately, but hitting the left and right or back button (just any button it seems) for about 10 times did the trick.

I'm glad it works for you weeks at a time, you neglect your device also for at least 3 days and leave it on as well? Which one are you using, XBIAN as well?

Important: the whole Kodi seems to freeze (I use the standard skin), the clock also stopped running that's why I don't think it's the tv either
OpenELEC with various Vizio TVs. It's never given me a problem.