Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: VDR VNSI to KODI DVB-S DVB-C
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I have been playing around with VDR 1.7 and KODI 14.2 (using VNSI) for quite some time and I am very happy how it works. However I observed an issue which I dont know how to fix it.

I use VDR (running on OMV) with DVB-S and DVB-C tuners. As an example lets take ORF 1 HD. This channel is received twice once the DVB-S and once the DVB-C signal.
Using VLC the playback of both works perfectly. Using KODI (tried it on my ANDROID device, UBUNTU and EpenELEC the result is everywhere the same) lets me playback the DVB S stream just fine but the DVB C stream is jittering. I have changed the video settings multiple times but I dont get any positive results. I even tried to run KODI 15.0 but that gives me the same results.

KODI tells me that the fps are very few only 14.x on the DVB-C stream. Could that issue be related to VNSI? The same stream in VLC just works fine!

Thanks a lot for any feedback / Nick
As a first step I would upgrade VDR and vnsiserver to some up-to-data version. If that still does not work please post debug and syslog.
Sorry did take a while to get everything setup from scratch. I am running now VDR 2.2.0 and the VNSI plugin. Unfortunately the behaviour is still the same all DVB-S channels work fine. The DVB - c C SD channels are also ok but most DVB C HD channels are jittering. I doubt that there is something with the signal since VLC plays the DVB -C HD channels smoothly.

Any suggestion where I should start my hunt to track down the root cause?

Thanks Nick
please post a debug log when playing this channel on Linux