Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Recordings only show in flat view, no folders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was under the impression recordings would show up foldered, but both addons only show me a flat, disorganized view of recordings. Can anyone give me some ideas, or confirm that it should work at least?
(2015-05-15, 07:21)bluenote Wrote: [ -> ]I was under the impression recordings would show up foldered, but both addons only show me a flat, disorganized view of recordings. Can anyone give me some ideas, or confirm that it should work at least?

You set this up on the backend GUI.
Login the webgui, then go "Configuration" tab, then "Recording" sub tag.
On the right there is options for filename and directory name/creation for recordings.
Your selection should be what is shown in Kodi/XBMC.

Make sure to restart tvheadend service/reboot to ensure you're running with the new options.

Recordings should then appear in the format you like, tree/date etc.
(2015-05-15, 19:06)robo989 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-15, 07:21)bluenote Wrote: [ -> ]I was under the impression recordings would show up foldered, but both addons only show me a flat, disorganized view of recordings. Can anyone give me some ideas, or confirm that it should work at least?

You set this up on the backend GUI.
Login the webgui, then go "Configuration" tab, then "Recording" sub tag.
On the right there is options for filename and directory name/creation for recordings.
Your selection should be what is shown in Kodi/XBMC.

Make sure to restart tvheadend service/reboot to ensure you're running with the new options.

Recordings should then appear in the format you like, tree/date etc.

Thank you!! I did look in the web gui, but I would never have expected physical folder options to affect the display of the titles under the addon. Much appreciated!
Indeed, with tvheadend the way it works is you configure your backend to eventually create the directory structure you want. Then in Kodi if you don't like the structure you can enable "flatten list" from the sidebar to show everything as one flat list.