Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Repeat detection logic?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys

I knew I saw this explained one time here, but I failed miserably to come up with any information anywhere.
I believe this is the only backend that (among other things) gives a nice handling of repeat showings.
Even WMC itself doesn't really nicely identify reruns.

I think my understanding is that the schedule time slot is compared to the air date. Is there further magic to decide if this is valid or not?

I'm administering a second pi-based backend for other people and all the same features that drew me to pvr.wmc originally are still (largely) lacking in many if not all the other options. So I have to admit - I'm asking because I would like to prod linux based backends with it. I hope this doesn't come across in a negative way asking about it.

Thanks Smile
I am pretty sure we use the same logic that wmc uses to identify a repeat episode. I can't recall how exactly we do it, but if you really want to know I can go find it.
(2015-05-15, 21:43)krustyreturns Wrote: [ -> ]I am pretty sure we use the same logic that wmc uses to identify a repeat episode. I can't recall how exactly we do it, but if you really want to know I can go find it.
If it's not too much of an imposition?
No problem. I checked at it basically just looks at the guide entry that the wmc scheduler service auto downloads. In that database there is a flag for whether the schedule entry is a repeat or not. So in the end, its just a function of whether the guide database has this 'repeat' flag. Your idea of comparing the original air date to the recording date would work though, (assuming the database has these).
(2015-05-19, 17:29)krustyreturns Wrote: [ -> ]No problem. I checked at it basically just looks at the guide entry that the wmc scheduler service auto downloads. In that database there is a flag for whether the schedule entry is a repeat or not. So in the end, its just a function of whether the guide database has this 'repeat' flag. Your idea of comparing the original air date to the recording date would work though, (assuming the database has these).

Oh that's embarassing, sorry to put you to the trouble :/. Apparently I've got a Beautiful-Minds-Esque thing going on where other people have ideas inside my own head. Smile