Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Finding best audio quality of different versions of a movie?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How could one determine the audio quality / the best sound of different versions of the same movie, series without listening to them?

So when you have downloaded once a "dubbed", "LD", "MD" version or something like that of a movie and after some months you download a copy of the original BluRay version with the best sound / quality, how could one find the best one so you can remove the ones of worse audio quality?
unless the poor audio streams are not upscaled to AC3 you can simply compare codecs/bitrates.

e.g. dubbed/ld/md often come as MP3 whereas blu ray rips most of the time have dts or better (sometimes AC3).

I do not know any other methods to distinguish the qualities
So as long as dubbed/ld/md come as mp3 or you have a mp3 stereo signal it is easily to distinguish that DTS, AC3 (or whatever systems there might exist) are the better choice (just because those codecs are the better ones) but when dubbed/ld/md come as DTS, AC3 or whatever you have to listen to the audio signal to distinguish. So then you would have to compare by listening since you never know. And different versions of movies having mp3 audio tracks you would have to hear anyway (unless the bitrates differ), I guess, one track might be mono the other stereo or just of better quality, I assume.

Many thanks.