Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 10 and 150% zoom problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I'm using windows 10 and kodi 15.0 beta 1 on a fullHD tv connected via HDMI.

Windows user interface on the TV is too small, so I'm using the zoom feature of the system (150% for text and other items) and full HD resolution.

Right after the zoom or a resolution change Kodi works fine.

But after a system restart if there is a zoom setting when kodi starts only part of its interface is visible in full screen mode.

If I change the resolution or revert the zoom, it works fine until next restart.
You really need to set up your PC display for overscan/underscan which sometimes resides in the gfx card set-up (on the ATI it's under menu digital flat panel>scaling options), your TV may also have some sort of over-scan options outside of the zoom feature. Set your PC to use the TV as it's primary display, set-up the display to fit exactly (using tools in your gfx card and TV and save the set-up) then when you run Kodi windowed or full screen, it should be sized properly out of the box, and zooming would be a feature used to eliminate black bars etc.

Moving the display screen to screen is another matter, plenty of messages in the forum about that.

BTW you need to have the TV display 'on' before your gfx card connects to enable the edid function to catch the limits of your panel.

This should do the trick
Does this only happen in v15 or does it also happen in v14?