Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: SMB Login issues Kodi v15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I wanted to try out the latest beta for v15 and after installing it on my FireTV box I am unable to login to my smb share from my main Kodi box running Win8.1. I tried both beta 1 and the latest nightly as of 2 days ago. When I enter my credentials the box just pops back up. On 14.2 it works as it should. I even tried using the ip address of the PC followed by the login and no dice. Also installed on a Samsung tab3 and LG G3 running 5.0.1. Still no luck. Is this something that would show up in a log or anything I'm missing? Spent the last couple days trying to find a solution with no luck.
OK, So just installed the 15.2 Beta on my FireTV box and same thing. This is what I saw in the log.

00:19:26 T:1583022656 DEBUG: int XFILE::CSMBDirectory::OpenDir(const CURL&, std:Confusedtring&): Using authentication url smb://USERNAMETongueASSWORD@XBMC-LIVINGROOM/H/TV%20Shows
00:19:26 T:1583022656 ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://USERNAMETongueASSWORD@XBMC-LIVINGROOM/H/TV%20Shows'
unix_err:'d' error : 'Permission denied'
That was after reentering my credentials

Saw that in a few places. Also tried on my LG G3 running 5.0.1 and the version of Kodi from the play store and same thing.
Here is the full log. Log

Worked great on 14.2, but upgrading and fresh install broke it on my end.

Anyone?
This is the old log from 14.2. In it there is an instance of me watching a WMC recorded show from my main HTPC. Nothing changed between the two except updating to 15.2.
Old Log
Having the same issue, I posted about it in another thread a few days ago but haven't received any replies. I may submit a ticket because this seems to be a bug. For anyone who has any idea on the subject, here is my log file. http://xbmclogs.com/p2yaziywb

Let me know if you find anything on this, LazerBlue.
I'm not sure why this makes any difference, but I seemed to have fixed the issue.

Since I'm using many different Windows 8.1 PC's (2 Tablets, 2 Desktops, and 2 HTPC's) I want to keep them synced so I use Microsoft accounts for logging in. I use a Gmail email one for my main PC's and an Outlook email account for my HTPC's mainly to keep settings and backgrounds different between the two purposes. I have the Gmail address as an authorized user on network sharing on the HTPC for file transferring and I tried both logins for the username:password in Kodi on android. They have worked fine in the past on 14.2 and earlier, but like I mentioned, no dice on Kodi 15+.

A while back when I was playing with ServerWMC I created an account with UsernameTongueassword of xbmc:xbmc with all the same permissions as the email based ones. Just for the hell of it I tried that login and it worked. I don't know if the issue is because of an email based login or what.

I'm hoping someone maybe able to chime in but seeing as my original post is almost a month old and before yesterday had over 150 views with no answers, I'm not holding my breath.
This has been a problem for awhile now, and keeps me using Helix on my FireTV Stick (though Isengard Windows has no such problem). It would be nice to at least see it addressed.
got the same problems with beta 15.2
tried email authorization and simple nick, not working
14.2 works perfectly
I had this.

I got round it by turning password protected sharing off and ensuring that the drive and each folder on the drive root are set to share with everyone.

not idea but works.
Turning off password protected sharing is no solution. (At least not for anyone who cares about privacy.)
Any word on a fix? Having the same issue with the Android build on my Fire TV stick!
See SMB/Windows (wiki). Koying gave us some tips that will help those with Windows 8.1.
(2015-07-06, 02:28)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]See SMB/Windows (wiki). Koying gave us some tips that will help those with Windows 8.1.

Ned Scott: thank you for the tip, but the account I am using is already in the Advanced Sharing. I rolled back to 14.2 and have absolutely no issues, for whatever 15 RC won't accept the password. Anything that I could provide to further troubleshoot this, seems like others have run into the same issue with 15 and the Android version.
For tests, could you add a dummy local account with simple user/password.
It might be something related to special chars.

If it works, please create another account similar to your everyday one, confirm that it fails, and PM me the user/password you are using so that I can try to reproduce.
Koying will do tonight and get back to you, the password that I am using does have a special character "@".
Koying,

On mine, my shares are password protected so only users with user account and password for that computer can access the shared files. Looking at your sticky post, your screen shots show people without a user account can access the shares. When trying to add a user per you instructions it does not work because it is not a user on that computer. I suspect those that are still having issues are probably in the same scenario as me where they are using Microsoft accounts and have the shares limited to only known users of the computer.

Here is mine

On that computer I have several accounts that are email addresses ([email protected]) with passwords that are just letters and numbers and some that are letters, numbers, and special characters. I also have 1 account that is just User: xbmc Password: xbmc And that is the only one that is able to log into the shares from v15. All the other usernames and passwords worked in Helix. It does seem as though the @ symbol (which probably means any special characters) are what's causing it to fail.

I am using the xbmc:xbmc login right now, but I don't think we should have to create a dummy account for file sharing in our own network if it can be avoided.

Let me know if you need anything else and I would be happy to help in anyway I can
Pages: 1 2 3