Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cannot stream audio to XBMC(Pi 2) from Macbook, iPhone or iPad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear all,

I'm frustrated by the following problem. I would like to send sounds from Macbook to Raspberry Kodi (which outputs usb audio to my dac). I can see my kodi from the "sound" configuration of mac os. However, when I choose kodi as a device for sound output, it says "the selected device has no output control". I also tried airplay from iTunes. iTunes can see my kodi, but when I choose kodi, it says "The Airplay Device "Kodi-Pi" is not compatible with this version of iTunes.". I tried my iPhone and iPad. None of them work. My iOS version is 7.* My mac osx version is 10.9.5 (not Yosemite). The XBMC on Raspberry Pi2 is OpenELEC 5.08 (Kernal:Linux 3.18.10) And I have turned on Airplay support in Kodi.

To test if raspberry is not capable of airplay, I installed Kodi on my mac, I can airplay from my iPhone to Kodi on mac. So it seems that raspberry pi2 is not capable. Did I miss anything? I really want to play music to Kodi ether through "Sound" configuration or Airplay.

Any inputs are highly appreciated!
Hi Kisas,

I am running OpenELEC-RPi2.arm-5.0.8.img with a Iphone 5s on 8.4 and ipad 2 on 8.3 and can replicate this, i also found (thru the openelec forum a workaround) , try to disable and enable the airplay thru the services menu in kodi. In my case i can see the box when it is booted but when connecting it looks fine, but when i stream it falls back to the local device. After this airplay services reset all works as designed. Seems a issue when booting the raspberry.

if you use the app official kodi remote (https://itunes.apple.com/nl/app/official...80364?mt=8) you can create a shortcut directly in the remote for this function making it easy to restart.

When this works let me know and i will check if there is a bug report, as this seems easy fix or to get a workaround.