Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to set up Hauppauge HVR-2255 with NextPVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've installed the drivers and inserted my tuner card, but when I open NextPVR settings, go to Devices and click Scan, it does not recognise any channels. It keeps scanning but never finds channels. WMC finds the channels and displays them in the guide but is unable to record nor playback. Anyone have a solution to this? Any help is appreciated.
Does the device find and the channels in the Hauppauge WinTV software? Maybe your signal strength is marginal?
(2015-05-24, 21:53)sub3 Wrote: [ -> ]Does the device find and the channels in the Hauppauge WinTV software? Maybe your signal strength is marginal?

I don't have WinTV but I have the drivers. My TV shows OTA channels fine so I don't think signal strength is the issue. Is WinTV required for the card to work?
(2015-05-24, 22:33)desian Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-24, 21:53)sub3 Wrote: [ -> ]Does the device find and the channels in the Hauppauge WinTV software? Maybe your signal strength is marginal?

I don't have WinTV but I have the drivers. My TV shows OTA channels fine so I don't think signal strength is the issue.
Users often find the tuner in their TV is better than the tuner in the PC, and the PC needs much a better signal.

Quote:Is WinTV required for the card to work?
No. The only reason I asked about WinTV is looking for any confirmation of you device functioning correctly and able to watch tv. At this stage it sounds like you can't confirm that.
(2015-05-25, 00:11)sub3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-24, 22:33)desian Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't have WinTV but I have the drivers. My TV shows OTA channels fine so I don't think signal strength is the issue.
Users often find the tuner in their TV is better than the tuner in the PC, and the PC needs much a better signal.

Quote:Is WinTV required for the card to work?
No. The only reason I asked about WinTV is looking for any confirmation of you device functioning correctly and able to watch tv. At this stage it sounds like you can't confirm that.

If it helps, Windows Media Centre recognises the channels in the TV guide but playback nor recording shows work.
It does backup the evidence for poor network signal - ie, maybe good enough for WMC's scan to find the channel names, but not good enough to watch.

I'd try WinTV to see what happens there.