Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Had to change DNS settings manually in latest build.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wanted to let everyone know that yesterday I downloaded, installed and configured Kodi. I am a long-time XBMC user, but this is the first time I've experienced such trouble with wifi. All settings were coming out correct when logging into the OS and checking in Kodi settings except for the primary DNS, which was stuck at 127.0.1.1 for some reason. Changing wifi adapter setting s from DHCP to manual and configuring in the network manager made no difference, and I was finally able to change it to what I wanted by directly editing /etc/resolv.conf. Now I have Internet and local network working with manual IP settings via network manager (excluding DNS [I have Google's DNS servers there, which do nothing apparently]) and local DNS forwarder 192.168.1.1 in /etc/resolv.conf as my primary (no secondary).
Admin, put this wherever it needs to go; it needs to be fixed and I'm sure others will have the same problem.
What OS were you using?
there is nothing to be fixed. This is just how every ubuntu works since at least 12.10. Google network manager and dnsmasq.