Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: WWE Network
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
WWE Network

Play videos from the WWE Network without leaving Kodi.

watch gallery

What is implemented
  • Login
  • Authentication
  • Bitrate selection
  • Live stream

Update 5/29/2015: Just pushed an update that should fix the authentication issues that happened before.

This is very early. It may crash and burn in a spectacular fashion.

Please report all issues to the project's GitHub.

Source: GitHub
Installed and it works as well as you say it does! I don't have any experience in creating add-ons but if I can help in any way, I'd love to. Would be good to get this working as soon as possible!
I'm working my way to getting the live feed going Smile

There's parts of a few other addons that I can reuse, so it should speed up the development a bit.
WWE's system seems to be a mix of MLB's (The login with workflow.do) and NFL's (It uses m3u8 files and livepass).

I just finished handling the cookies completely (All cookie settings are now stored into hidden settings) as I believe I'm going to need some of that data to get access to stuff later on.

As for help, I've also never written anything for Kodi before (Modded a skin, but that's it). It's actually pretty easy. Any help in understanding how WWE's streaming works (How do they generate video links, what calls do I need to make to where before I'm cleared to play the file, etc) would help a ton, as most of my time right now is spend reading Chrome's resource pane to find info. Smile

Edit: I just added some metadata handling to the add_link() function. When it receives a JSON file, it parses it for some info.
I may need to change it in the future, depending on metadata files for individual videos (it's working with the EPG right now), but it works well for the live feed Smile
Sounds like that would make it perfectly compatible with PseudoTV too! Awesome
So, yesterday I managed to generate a link to the m3u8 master playlist for the live stream and parse it to get the different qualities.
However, when opening the stream with Kodi, it doesn't use the cookie saved earlier to open the stream.
It tries to use existing cookies like imdb, fanart.tv, etc but not the one used for login earlier.

From what I understand, there's a cookie.dat where Kodi stores cookies. Mine is saved in the plugin's userdata folder.
However, if I try to save it in cookie.dat (I assumed that removing the handling of cookies with a cookie_jar would save it in cookie.dat), login fails.

I don't really know what I can do to fix that. If anyone knows, help will be greatly appreciated Smile
It seems to be the last stretch before content from the Network is playable. After that, all that's left to do is parsing the VOD content and generating menus.

Edit: Okay, I'm a moron. I forgot parts of the code from the NFL plugin to parse M3U8... It actually adds the cookie to the URL using "|".
Now the cookie is sent to the playlist, but it's incomplete. There are a few cookies generated after login: entpc, actionxCookie and mediaAuth_v2.
I'm currently trying to find what generates these.

Edit2: I got entpc, but I can't find what generates actionxCookie and mediaAuth_v2...

Edit3: Found how to get mediaAuth_v2. actionxCookie seems to be always the same, so I'll try generating it myself.
I'll implement all that tomorrow and we'll see where that gets us.
Looking forward to finding out if it works! Cheers!
And that's it, we have playback !

It's extremely early and it tends to fail if you play things too fast, but the live stream is now working !

Please report any bugs you find on the GitHub.
Excellent, I've been hoping someone would work on this Smile

The live stream is working absolutely fine for me at the moment. Smile
Live stream works wonderfully for me too. This is just amazing. Thanks so much for starting development on this add-on!! It's the only thing my Kodi is missing.
doenst work for first say i login fine then i get some error code 404
RayW1986: Was hoping too, but no one seemed to be willing... Figured it was time to contribute after using Kodi for so long ^^

cliffyfromboro: Thanks ! It felt really great getting the live stream to play after two days of struggle Smile Litterally jumped from my chair screaming "Fuck yeah" at 3AM, which woke up the family x)
Can't wait for it to be complete and continue binging on 1996 RAWs :p

manny729: Just tried playing the live stream, works fine here.
Make sure your account is active, you need a subscription to the network for it to work (The plugin doesn't bypass the DRM from the network, it authenticates with it, so if your account is invalid, you won't be able to use it)
If you still get an error, try changing the quality and see how that goes.

To all: Development might slow down a bit due to my finals starting monday. I'll still try to work on it during my finals, but I need to study, so it will be slower Smile If you want to contribute, feel free to fork the Github and make a pull request (My code is a mess right now, as are the logs produced by the addon. It'll be cleaned as I continue developing this).
This is awesome! Thank you so much and good luck with your finals!
(2015-05-31, 00:21)MrTimscampi Wrote: [ -> ]RayW1986: Was hoping too, but no one seemed to be willing... Figured it was time to contribute after using Kodi for so long ^^

cliffyfromboro: Thanks ! It felt really great getting the live stream to play after two days of struggle Smile Litterally jumped from my chair screaming "Fuck yeah" at 3AM, which woke up the family x)
Can't wait for it to be complete and continue binging on 1996 RAWs :p

manny729: Just tried playing the live stream, works fine here.
Make sure your account is active, you need a subscription to the network for it to work (The plugin doesn't bypass the DRM from the network, it authenticates with it, so if your account is invalid, you won't be able to use it)
If you still get an error, try changing the quality and see how that goes.

To all: Development might slow down a bit due to my finals starting monday. I'll still try to work on it during my finals, but I need to study, so it will be slower Smile If you want to contribute, feel free to fork the Github and make a pull request (My code is a mess right now, as are the logs produced by the addon. It'll be cleaned as I continue developing this).

Good luck on your finals my friend! I'm ecstatic just to have the live stream working so I can include it in my PseudoTV Live set up! Study comes first though so best of luck Smile
Works great man, thanks so much for this! And just in time for elimination chamber, too!

Good luck on your studies!
(2015-05-31, 19:34)RayW1986 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm ecstatic just to have the live stream working so I can include it in my PseudoTV Live set up!

This was just working for me, I'm sure there's a way of getting the XMLTV to work so the programme guide populates but not figured it out just yet!
Pages: 1 2 3