Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No Audio on my Apple tv1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello Everyone, I hope someone could help me out. I have a old atv1 and no I don't want to get rid of it. One day we were watching a movie and all of a sudden the sound disappeared. It's been 2 weeks now and still no sound. I tried switching the hdmi cables, looking thru the audio settings but nothing. Could someone Please help me out.
AnyoneHuhHuh
I tried everything but still no audio.
Debug Log

and the outputs from:

Code:
amixer | pastebinit

and

Code:
aplay -l | pastebinit
amixer | pastebinit

aplay -l | pastebinit

and tell us if you want to use hdmi or analog ... your log uses analog audio
Hdmi
Last time I ask this:

provide:

aplay -l | pastebinit

amixer | pastebinit
Sorry, I don't understand these terms aplay or amixer. Would you like me to send you another debug log. I would like to use Hdmi

Thank you for your support
More information needed pls.

- Is this ATV connected to an AVR via HDMI ?
- straight connection to TV
- or SPDIF ?
- Are you playing a 5.1 Audio channel movie.
- Any clicking sounds when you navigate the XBMC interface ?

CHICO76, I think you need to read up on Putty basics for ssh log into the ATV1 here:

http://www.tamingthebeast.net/articles6/...mmands.htm

The ip address of the ATV1 will be found at:

XBMC > System > System Info > Network

Then
ssh [email protected]

password > atv

Then paste those command given by Fritsch above one line at a time.

If this is not already selected, make sure you have:

XBMC > System > Settings > Syetm > Audio Output > HDA Intel, HDMI
also turn off Enable Passthrough if that is selected.

Once you have a grip on ssh and Putty I strongly suggest you upgrade to Kodi 14.2, especially as you have no Crystal HD card. Performance will be better.
Simple upgrade here:

http://forum.osmc.tv/showthread.php?tid=17422
Hello and Thank you for your support. I just want the audio back. Last night I took apart the atv1 just to make sure it was clean inside. This is the info you requested.
Atv1 is straight connected to the tv thru Hdmi cables.
2.0 channels selected and hdmi audio output selected. Everytime I move the remote no noise is heard.
Just making sure its not something simple....Confirming you do not have a Red Speaker Symbol in the Top of the screen with a cross through it ?
If that is the case, connect a Keyboard and hit + to increase the volume and unmute.

fritsch has been trying to get you to paste the outputs of the command amixer as he suspects everything is muted in ALSA sound card driver settings.

If you want to un-mute everything go into Putty again and issue these command using copy and paste, 1 line at a time...

Code:
amixer set Master 100% unmute > /dev/null 2>&1
amixer set PCM 100% > /dev/null 2>&1
amixer set "IEC958,0" unmute > /dev/null 2>&1
amixer set "IEC958 Default PCM" unmute > /dev/null 2>&1
amixer set "IEC958,1" unmute > /dev/null 2>&1
I tried putty but password atv was denied. Not that strong in computers but I need all the help I can get
Pages: 1 2