Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Phantom TV show appears randomly using TheTVDB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was finally able to update to Helix, and now have a strange occurrence. Every so often I get a TV show called "Vallen TV" added to the database when I update the library. Normally, I would use the Info menu to see what the path is for the unwanted TV show, and exclude the path from library updates, but in this case pressing the "I" key to bring up the Info page does not work for this show (though it works for all the other shows in my library. I wind up removing the show from the library, but it comes back again, not on every library update, but on some. Because this seems totally random, I've been running with debug logging for a week, so the log file is enormous, so I pasted the key lines from the logfile here: http://xbmclogs.com/pwokrhqto . I still can't determine from reading the logs, what folder the scraper thinks it found "Valen TV" in.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
I actually determined that the problem is the scraper is matching W:\Videos C\TV to "Ulmen TV" or "Valen TV". I opened the database in SQLiteSpy and was able to determine the folder.

The issue here is that TV shows are all in subfolders under W:\Videos C\TV, for instance W:\Videos C\TV\The X-Files, W:\Videos C\TV\Quantum Leap, etc. It really should NOT identify the root folder as a separate show.

Years ago, when I set up the database back in the XBMC Dharma days, I added a source called "Videos", which includes multiple folders, V:\Videos, Y:\Videos 2, Y:\Videos 3...etc and the last one I added while under Frodo, was W:\Videos C. On the next level is either a TV folder, or a Movies folder and the content of "TV" is set to TV Shows, and the content of "Movies" is set to Movies. So, V:\Videos\TV, M:\Videos 5\TV, and W:\Videos C\TV (among others) are all set to TV shows. This layout has worked well for me for years.

However, now it seems whenever XBMC detects W:\Videos C\ has changed, it detects W:\Videos C\TV as a "Valen TV" or "Ulmen TV", while still correctly identifying the TV shows in its subfolder. If I set it to scraper to "Exclude path from library updates" for W:\Videos C\TV, it won't find any of the shows in its subfolders.

Any ideas anyone?
Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the same issue Sad
Yes, as a matter a fact I did. The root "Videos" folder was set to type "movies" and I changed it to "None" without updating the subfolders underneath it. Evidently my database had been set up this way since Dharma, but this did not cause a problem until Helix.

So basically, in the path: W:\Videos C\TV, Videos C was set to movies, and TV was set to TV Shows. I changed this so Videos C was set to "none". It was a little more complicated because the actual source was named "Videos" and contained multiple folders, so it was actually the root folder of the source that I changed.

This didn't make a lot of sense to me, why "Videos C" being set to movies, and the lower folder "TV" being set to TV shows would cause the scraper to match "TV" to "Ulmen TV", it should not have looked at the "TV" folder at all as far as I am concerned. But the fix was easy enough and it worked. (I backed up my database before hand just in case!)
How did you change the root Videos folder to none? When I look at my files folder I only see my "TV" folder (//share/Video/TV) and no option to change the Video folder. All my new shows are now showing up as "Valen TV". Really confused on how to fix this. Thanks for an help you can render.
'